Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
The Titan has never left me stranded. In fact I was a happy owner up until about #8 on my list. You start to get tired of trips to the dealership after awhile. As far as questioning me or anyone else with problems as an operator issue, all I will say in my case is that Nissan has done 2 good will repairs on my truck with no issues on it's maintenance. My truck is my daily driver, tows my boat and 29ft travel trailer about 6,000 miles a year and sees an occasional fire roads to get to some secluded fishing spots. The 4wd is almost exclusively used in the winter months. I have run 5 different vehicles over 100,000 miles with only routine maintenance, oil and fluid changes, belts, hoses, and expected normal wear and tear items. I never expected to have to have manifolds and an entire axle assembly replaced at 69,000 miles. I am hoping all the kinks are worked out as I still overall like the trucks performance and features. Those are the reasons I purchased it in the first place.

I come from a family of car fanatics. We have a ridiculous amount of cars, mostly luxury sedans. As much as I love driving these beauties, there is nothing like getting into the Titan and feeling the intense power flowing through your body. There's just something about the truck that makes me go, "Holy ***t, this thing is beautiful." I've never had any problems with it...

... and yes, it is a chick magnet. :thumbsup:

Since my name was brought up, I will add to this thread.
My 04 lasted 9 months, 9600 miles before it was bought back and replaced by an 05. Half the 9600 miles were driving/being towed 150 miles round trip to the dealer.
The 05 lasted 22k miles, over 40 trips to the dealer and had over $12k in parts replaced, not including labor, and it continued to fall apart.
My list of failed parts makes Smoke 05's problems look minor.
It doesn't do any good to have one cheap failed part replaced by another cheap part that will fail in short order.
Many said that since over 1/3 of my miles are in 4WD and and and least half the total miles are on dirt roads that no truck would hold up.
Well they were wrong. My 2000 Tundra was problem free, then I made the mistake of getting a Titan. My 07 Tundra just turned 2 years old, has 22k miles, about 8k in 4WD and has only been to the dealer once specifically for a warranty issue. That was to get the drive line tested for hardness, and it passed.
I had a door rattle fixed at the time and that is it. I do have the infamous Tundra sinking dash that squeaks and my flat 4 trailer plug broke. Other than that, no problems, and it is driven on the same roads that killed the pseudo truck called a Titan.
The American consumer has spoken, the Titan fails to live up to what the consumer wants and expects from a truck.
A company doesn't decide to stop making a truck,or make it in Mexico, especially one that is so new if it is a good truck.
Nissan is losing their shirt on the Titan, warranty costs are killing them. That is why sales have dropped to practically nothing, nobody wants them.

I live on dirt roads and abuse my truck by racing it at the track (although that is stopping) and at 51K I havent had any problem except a leaky axle seal which was replaced under warranty even though I have a Tru-Track. I'm not gonna argue with anyone who says the Titan has more problems than others per the amount of trucks sold. I do see a lot of "Report problems here threads" and have seen many like this one, all I can do is say I am sorry for yalls truck, and mine runs like a champ and is exactly what I want in a truck. I love MY truck

Since my name was brought up, I will add to this thread.
My 04 lasted 9 months, 9600 miles before it was bought back and replaced by an 05. Half the 9600 miles were driving/being towed 150 miles round trip to the dealer.
The 05 lasted 22k miles, over 40 trips to the dealer and had over $12k in parts replaced, not including labor, and it continued to fall apart.
My list of failed parts makes Smoke 05's problems look minor.
It doesn't do any good to have one cheap failed part replaced by another cheap part that will fail in short order.
Many said that since over 1/3 of my miles are in 4WD and and and least half the total miles are on dirt roads that no truck would hold up.
Well they were wrong. My 2000 Tundra was problem free, then I made the mistake of getting a Titan. My 07 Tundra just turned 2 years old, has 22k miles, about 8k in 4WD and has only been to the dealer once specifically for a warranty issue. That was to get the drive line tested for hardness, and it passed.
I had a door rattle fixed at the time and that is it. I do have the infamous Tundra sinking dash that squeaks and my flat 4 trailer plug broke. Other than that, no problems, and it is driven on the same roads that killed the pseudo truck called a Titan.
The American consumer has spoken, the Titan fails to live up to what the consumer wants and expects from a truck.
A company doesn't decide to stop making a truck,or make it in Mexico, especially one that is so new if it is a good truck.
Nissan is losing their shirt on the Titan, warranty costs are killing them. That is why sales have dropped to practically nothing, nobody wants them.
Blah, blah, blah.......

Some of you guys crack me up; it is no secret that these trucks have had more than their fair share of issues. I guess if you don’t mind the constant trips to the dealerships to get what you hope will be warranty work done. I have had 12k+ worth of warranty work myself. Granted I consistently romp the sh!t out of my truck, haha. But that is the appeal of these trucks, they are quick. But I do think it is funny how much some of you guys will defend the Titans reliability, even though you have had to take it to the dealership yourselves. I love the Titan's power and style however I do believe that most of the other full size competitors are quite a bit more reliable.

I honestly will not own this truck a mile over the 100k extended warranty!

Discussion starter · #48 ·
back to the dealer again... Cracked passenger manifold.

I think i've posted MORE problem posts i.e. warranty quality/issues, than i've posted that i'm happy with my TITAN. Ever feel this way about your truck??

:explode:
All the time!!!

Sorry to disappoint.. No issues here...

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!

Anything man-made can have problems. If you think the Titan is so bad, go to other manufacturer's forums; even Tundra Talk. I have a friend with a newer model Tundra and it has developed a knock in the engine. After trips to two different Toyota dealers, they can't find the problem. They acknowledge the knock exist, they just can't find what is causing it.

The one thing that appears Nissan dealers are obviously missing that Infiniti dealers have obviously grasped is customer service.
bills1974 has hit the nail on the head. Nissan has to do something about it's service departments.

BTW. My Titan has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I'll probably still own it long after Titan Talk is just a memory.

Theres problems with all truck. Quit b*tching haters. My buddy at work has an 08 F-150....at 3500 miles he had to replace is power steering pump. Now at 6300 something is wrong with his starter. AND THATS THE MOST SELLING PICK-UP IN AMERICA!! Screw, I romp on my truck, hell, check out the link in my signature. I have had 1 issue, leaky axle seal. And they had a rental (06 POS F-150) for me waiting. They treated me awesome. And so hase my truck. I drive the crap out it. And to tell you the truth, I'm starting to feel some wierd shifting going on my 08 Chevy 3500 work van at 3200 miles. Shifts hard and sometimes acts like it doesnt want to shift, then thuds into gear. Problems are everywhere in every manufacturer. Its in the eye of the beholder. My truck gets abused and has no problems: Titan awesome. 08 Chevy and 08 Ford all having problems before 4000K miles: Titan still awesome

Its in the eye of the beholder.
Actually IT has been at my dealer. Good service fixing stuff that should not fail in 4 years and 70,000 miles does not excuse it from happening. Time at the dealer costs me money. I have better things to do than chat up service advisors while they work on my truck.

I have said it before, the power and content put me in the Titan, reliability is making sure I won't be in another Nissan.

Like I said, ITS NOT UNCOMMON!!!! You get dependable vehicles and lemons out the same manufacturer. My friends 08 F-150 already has 2 problems before 6500K, and my 08 chevy has a shifting problem....I dont know, those are 2 of Americas best sellers. If you think the Titan is so unreliable, tell me what is reliable, and tell you about one that has had many problems...Well except for maybe KIA or something

Solution...sell your titan and go buy dodge. Then let your vagina bleed all over their forums...

Reactions: O-FiveCC
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.