Nissan Titan Forum banner
5K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  sumair 
#1 ·
I think i've posted MORE problem posts i.e. warranty quality/issues, than i've posted that i'm happy with my TITAN. Ever feel this way about your truck??

:explode:

#2 ·
Nope. .......

#3 ·
Nope. Happy as a pig in mud with mine. :D

#10 ·
i guess that's why this is my RANT post... 350 posts.. okay i take it back. But it seems that i do use the search box more often in finding to see if people have the same issues as i do. And usually i get a bunch of the same posts.

#13 ·
Count how many have posted problems vs not....

This is why people post......They have problems.

Count how many people on here vs the number of Titans sold.....

Problems are not the norm....

#5 ·
I've had the dealer change out the DUAL Climate control 3 times, brake judder, broken tranny mounts, the list goes on.

#8 ·
Hey, they fixed it didn't they? Just enjoy your truck. You'd have a beef if they jacked on you.

#9 ·
I love my Titan!!!

Brake issues, I fixed myself!!

Cracked Radiator, i fixed myself!!

Minor problems in my book!!

#11 ·
That just tells me we have a lot of members who either just like to complain, are spoiled beyond belief to appreciate what they have, have never owned a Big3 truck, or are too wet behind the ears to realize we live in a throw-away society.

The world isn't perfect. Never was.

Humans make mechanical crap. Always have.

Some things will work. Some things won't.

Have a beer and enjoy the pretty sunset.... Ooooo look... a butterfly! :cheers:

#16 ·
I know how you feel. For a truck that MSRP's at 36k there is alot of poor QC. Mainly small stuff, but it's still a hassle. I like the novelty of my truck but at this point if i had a mulligan i would choose different.

Also surprising is the nissan dealership. Went with my GF to get her a new acura and it was like all that mattered in the world to them was getting a high score on the survey - they said nothing but a perfect customer experience was acceptable. It was basically the same purchasing my Charger.

After signing the papers for my T teh next day Kristen Napleton called me and left a message stating how she wanted to personally ascertain my satisfaction. I called her back and left a message that it was negative thus far (radio inop, tpms light on) and got a call back from the sales person saying kristen had mentioned i needed i call back. I mean why call and say you want to personnally handle something then pass it over?

At any rate, my First vehicle was a Ford RANGER that i bought new. Never had a problem until year 8 when the 02 sensors went out. Napleton offered me $500 for that ranger with 80k miles and obviously refused and went ahead and sold on ebay for $3600

My Charger is just about out of the 3/36 and i have taken her in twice for service.

In a little over a year of Titan ownership and 10+ different trips to the dealer it's not like Nissan is gonna get any of my friends or family. I would feel different if they at least acted liked they cared, but after telling the service manager that my replacement carpet is not flush like it was and the rental car company charged me four gallons of gas for bringing a murano back with the indicator slightly under 1/4 on a 15 gallon tank after getting my Titan back with 1/3 tank when they got it full and the manager admtiting they idled the truck nearly two days!

I am a maintenance oriented guy and really take excellent care with fluid changes on schedule and all that good stuff. I sorta expect if i do my job the vehicles should be worry free upto a certain point; hopefully 7-10 years and maybe more.

I am sticking with the Titan, part of that is financial as i still owe about 25k, but the other part is the engine i believe is solid; i like how in '04 the claimed it "endurance". I like the thought of that especially when it comes to the heart of a vehicle - the engine.

My tranny worries me to a certain degree. I have read alot about it on here and feel that its pretty tough. All in all i am not an extended warranty type (i read the fine print on exclusions) so will just hope the any further failures occur within my bumper to bumper and enjoy driving a unique fast rocket

I am about to hit 15k within a month and have just purchased the Diff fluids + transfer case, im not saying mine is a lemon but if it's not as solid as as some of the lucky ones on here with proper care it still should last...and if they discontinue i am not worried, in fact happy as it will be even more rare.

I realize i sorta contradict myself in this post - I do love my Titan...but, if i had known they hadnt worked out more of the bugs from 04-08 i would have choose differently is all.

Last thing, and this is more of an aside. It's tough crowd on here. Maybe a bunch of Nissan peopel or something because if you start talking too negative about the truck you may get banned and/or they are thinking you are attacking them rather than trying to address concerns over the purchase. Ask a lift or tire question and you get plenty of replies, but i have not yet encountered a forum where more legitimate questions/concerns go unanswered. To me that's bizarre.

Oh well i have no friends on here and no longer expect to. Cheers!

Reactions: HyperSportRacing
#18 · (Edited)
my titan isn't as prestige as the other vehicles i own and i love it dearly....i drive it everywhere more then the others and with a smile...now that's saying something..

as for the issues....every single vehicle has issues. my cadillac has spent more time at the dealer then my titan. i had a benz at the dealership for over a month before...so just writing nissan off as a whole because you got a dud just doesn't seem fair. Lots of members here have owned big 3 pick ups and truly appreciate the quality nissan provided with the titan. i think what truly describes vehicle is the experience of the market as well as the support by the dealers if something breaks.

#19 ·
Me to. I have added mickey thompson classic beadlock wheels with 35 inch Toyo m/t tires. Nismo cold air intake, Nismo headers, nos nitrous system, 8 6 inch kc headlights, 4 inch rancho lift, 2 additional skidplates, chrome roll bar and rails, and I am witing on my bumper/ winch to get here. I am going out to the primm 300 in september to run the 300 race. I am very excited.:bump::bump:

#22 ·
This truck is the cats a$$!!! I won't be getting rid of or griping about it for a long time! Other truck owners see it and say "how did I overlook that beast when I was in the market?" I tell em "it's a rice burner, remember??" LOLOL to them!!!

#24 ·
FWIW, on the flip side of things, my wife drives an 05 QX56 that I loved so much, it was my driver for getting the Titan. As much as I love that truck, the first two years we had it, it was at the dealership being fixed more than I think we were driving it. Everything from the brakes multiple times to the stitching coming out of the leather seats to the power tailgate motor dying to the ECU needing to be reflashed because the ABS would randomly fire...

The one thing that appears Nissan dealers are obviously missing that Infiniti dealers have obviously grasped is customer service. They treated us like gold whenever there was a issue and my wife would immediately get another QX56 on loan even if it was only a 2 hour job...after all the pain we had to deal with, they finally got everything right and the truck has been flawless for the last year.

#28 · (Edited)
My buddy HAD an 04 Armada which got replaced due to a Lemon. Then shortly after that he upgrade to an 06' QX56. From what he tells me... Most of all problems still arise or are the same as the Armada. The difference is that with the Infiniti dealers they treat you really good. If you have a Nissan they treat you like crap. Heck, Isn't Nissan & Infiniti the same company or somehow related? and it seems that these dealerships try and find ways out not to cover your claim even though you bought their so called, "Bumper to Bumper warranty" why even bother to buy it if one doesn't read the fine print. My 2002 Tundra did me no wrong with 90k+ miles on it. It's kinda sad that i would know my service writers first and last name while i can't even remember the names at the Toyota dealer. Also, to this day.. My friends QX56 still has problems to be dealt with. One thing that the Infiniti dealer said to him is that they noticed a drop in K&N filter and told him that it is an "aftermarket product" and he will note that down on his profile. My friend said, "Don't you sell K&N filters in your parts department?" Service writer says, "Yes we do, (while hitting the backspace that from his profile on the cpu)

#26 ·
Who is Sky Hammer? Please post a link.

#30 ·
Nissan & Infiniti are the same company, but all dealers are independant. How one dealership treats you or fixes things for you could be entirely different than another. I've worked with two different Infiniti dealerships though and both were phenominal.

#31 · (Edited)
And let's think about some numbers.......

Titan's sold 300,000 +

Members of this forum approx, 35,000......

Complaints.....Not even 10% of the members here have serious issues.

Yes, there are some issues, but all vehicle manufacturers have issues.....

I've owned several Big3 and some were worse than the others.....

The 2003 Silverado I traded for my Titan was a POS with 11,000 miles on it.

I wouldn't own another one if it were given to me!!

It can be said on every level of car/turck production.

There will be issues.

But, the numbers just aren't as huge as you think....

#32 ·
Oh yeah, rant away!!!

And hate the Titan......:rofl:

#33 ·
Do i hate the Titan? No way! I hate/rave/rant about the customer service and how Nissan won't stand behind their products. They brag on how tough their trucks are but fail to go the extra distance when aftermarket products are introduced. I guess they teach their sales people to be nice and want a Titan until you have a problem with it in their service department.

#34 ·
How many dealers have you been to??

#35 ·
Yeah some dealers are ok. Or maybe its just the people. When I went to have my axle seal replaced under warranty, the first guy I talked to was a complete a-hole. Well, another guy ended up taking me and never said anything about my TT or any of my mods. He had enterprise come pick me up (with a supermodel driving, mind you) and take me to their office. I rented an 06 F-150 just for kicks and giggles. Biggest piece of garbage truck ever. Granted it was a base model, but EVERYTHING from the way the wind blew the truck around, to the dash, to how UNcomfortable the seats were, and how underpowered (although it was a 4.6) it was made me never want one and to absolutely fall in love with my Titan all over again. And from some Ford owners I've talked to, there's not a huge difference in power feel from the 4.6 and the 5.4

#36 ·
Again, the number sold vs number of complaints......

Maybe you should ask Nissan for the actua
Perhaps you should actually look up the numbers before you look like a moron.

Nissan has never sold 100k Titans in a year. IIRC sales peaked in 2005 and have declined ever since. Last entry on pickuptruck.com had them selling just over 30k for 2008. In other words Ford and GM sell more F150's or 1500 Silverados in one year than Nissan has sold Titans in 4 years. Who do you think should have the larger complaint file by sales numbers?

A year ago I would have said I loved my Titan, but it just never seems to stop going to the dealership for stuff that should just not fail. This isn't the first truck or vehicle Nissan has ever built. Quick list you ask?

1) Leaking transfercase at 5,000 miles
2) Brake judder, fix done at 15k miles
3) Evap valave fails
4) bolt holding windshield wiper arm on falls off
5) 1st rear axle seal goes
6) 2 weeks later 2nd rear axle seal goes
7) front wheel bearing goes
8) 3rd rear axle seal

Drivetrain warranty is now up

9) front pinion seal goes
10 left manifold cracks
11) right manifold cracks
12) Front diff blown
13) Evap valve fails yet again

There is no excuse for 3 axle seal failures, a bad wheel bearing, a bad pinion seal and a blown front diff in 70k miles. Sorry. This truck is a daily driver and tows my travel trailer about 6k miles a year. 4wd gets used in snow and the occasional muddy fire road. It isn't like I am doing track days or running the Rubicon with this thing. When it is good I love it. I just can't deal with failures on parts that should easily go 100k miles. I haven't had this much trouble in my last 3 vehicles which all easily topped 100k and just neded routine maintenance.

#37 · (Edited)
Well, all I can say is sorry for your luck. Why haven't you got rid of it then? If any vehicle I bought new had that many problems I would get rid of it.

Don't even get me started on the problems I had with my Chevy. Even those weren't so bad until i bought the Titan and then realized how bad the Chevy was.

No wonder Ford and Chevy owners don't complain much, they don't really know what junk piles they're driving.

As for me, I love Nissans. Best vehicles I have ever owned. On my 5th one now with the Titan. I have logged almost 500,000 miles on Nissans.

I have owned my Titan 3 1/2 years now. Other than a few TSB's sent to me in the mail I haven't had 1 problem with the Titan. I take that back, It did have a leaking transfer case which turned out to be 1 loose bolt. Wow, big problem there.

I have an bullet proof rear end. I run Amsoil 75W-90 in it. And if by some chance the rear end has problems then it's Tru-trac time.

We have a '97 Maxima that has been awesome. 115,000 and still going strong. Didn't even need brakes until 108,000. I think it had a loose power sterring hose TSB. No other problems at all. Should go to 200,000 easily.

The Titan has over 30,000 now and looks like the brakes should go 80,000.

Been running it to redline since 1200 miles. At least 500-1000 burnoffs, plenty of those in reverse. If the rear end was going to go I think it would have by now. I tow my boat at wide open throttle, sometimes 95 for miles. One tough truck I tell ya.

I think this is a case of like something tell 100 people, hate something tell 1000 people.

Just my .02

:):):):kiss::kiss::kiss:

#38 ·
WildMike - At 30k I loved my Titan too. Breaks were an inconvenience when Nissan was picking up the tab under warranty. After fighting to get a pinion seal and $1600 of front axle replacement done under good will then have the manifolds let go doesn't exactly fill me with love for Nissan. I bought it based on very positive reviews from friends who own Altimas and Maximas and have have owned more than one. My rear diff (knock on wood) is the only big item frequently reported here left that hasn't failed. I am actually considering the TruTrac as cheap insurance. Why don't I get rid of it you ask? First off it is not paid for. Second have you looked at the Titan's resale value lately? I'd be taking a beating just to get rid of it. I would not go upside down on a new truck but I would certainly not get full market value from a stealership on a trade. Better to hope the bugs are finally worked out of it and the new parts and ride it out until it is paid for at this point. The engine and tranny do work awesome and it tows my travel trailer great. In fact if I get another truck it will be an F250 V10 as I know the 5.4L does not hold candle to the 5.6L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.