Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was picking up groceries with my wife and started to pull out of the parking space. I had not turned the truck off because I was enjoying the cool air. The truck had no acceleration after initially getting me moving forward and no braking. "TOW" was the only thing out of the ordinary lit up on the display. I was moving slowly and the brake pedal was unresponsive. I did not have power steering. As I got closer to other cars, I put the transmission into N and then P but was still moving. I ran it into a curb to stop it. I turned the truck off and back on, and everything was fine. I accidentally must have hit the Tow Mode button, but that shouldn't have any bearing on the controls ceasing to work. Any ideas what just happened?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whoa - that's scary! I "liked" this not because I like what happened to you but because I want to monitor replies.

The only oddness with the transmission I've seen as others have is the truck jumping to 1st gear. Mine may have been self-inflicted on a steep mountain road but it was unnerving nonetheless.

-Brian

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO4X
15 Posts
Please keep us posted of the diagnosis. I just put one of those in my carport. I definitely need brakes because I'm still adjusting to the stiffer suspension. Can't take those curves quite as fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds very strange almost like all of the electronic assists failed.
That's what I was thinking, but I'm completely at a loss on how it was moving in Park. I know it was stupid to slam it into Park, but it went the same speed in D, N, and P, and the brake pedal gave no resistance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Modern vehicles typically will lock you out from moving it to park while rolling or just not actually go into park if moving as a safety measure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Modern vehicles typically will lock you out from moving it to park while rolling or just not actually go into park if moving as a safety measure.
I was picking up groceries with my wife and started to pull out of the parking space. I had not turned the truck off because I was enjoying the cool air. The truck had no acceleration after initially getting me moving forward and no braking. "TOW" was the only thing out of the ordinary lit up on the display. I was moving slowly and the brake pedal was unresponsive. I did not have power steering. As I got closer to other cars, I put the transmission into N and then P but was still moving. I ran it into a curb to stop it. I turned the truck off and back on, and everything was fine. I accidentally must have hit the Tow Mode button, but that shouldn't have any bearing on the controls ceasing to work. Any ideas what just happened?
Did the emergency brake work ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I missed the Emergency Brake the first time and focused on steering after that. Yes, I know that would have been preferable to slamming it into Park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts