Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a problem with their Titan not wanting to go back into 2WD after using 4WD Lo ? I have just noticed this lately due to putting it through its paces when we got a big snow last week. Even though the switch was on 2WD, the dash indicator was still reading 4WD Lo and this is all happening while sitting still. This happened about three times. After switching on & off several times while in neutral it corrected itself. I'm new to 4WD but this seems like an obvious problem????

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

NITEBLITZ

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I think you actually have to drive a few dozen feet in order for it to switch out of 4x4 mode. At least I had to in my Durango.

·
Registered
779 Posts
switch out of 4wd Lo in "N" in Neutral gear

to switch out of 4wd Low, must put into in "N" -- in Neutral gear - you must do this to get out of 4wd lo.
i freaked out :teethmast the first time then i read the manual :huh: .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4X4 Solution

rrumaner said:
I think you actually have to drive a few dozen feet in order for it to switch out of 4x4 mode. At least I had to in my Durango.

Hello rrumaner,

Thanks, I'll see if that helps!

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pluckyew said:
to switch out of 4wd Low, must put into in "N" -- in Neutral gear - you must do this to get out of 4wd lo.
i freaked out :teethmast the first time then i read the manual :huh: .
Pluckyew:

Well if all else fails read the directions! That I missed! :huh:

Thanks,

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
393 Posts
Actually, we have replaced a couple of 4wd switches to fix this problem. right now the switches are on backorder, so there must be alot on order!! I work at a dealer, and we have 1 person waiting for this right now, and I wouldn't be suprised if we get a couple more!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Titanparts1 said:
Actually, we have replaced a couple of 4wd switches to fix this problem. right now the switches are on backorder, so there must be alot on order!! I work at a dealer, and we have 1 person waiting for this right now, and I wouldn't be suprised if we get a couple more!!
Hello Titanparts1:

Thanks for the information, I'll have them check it out when I take her in for the first check-up! Any other Titan parts you care to share with the group that are backordered? It took my dealership a month to get me a replacement handle for the small exterior storage door. A salesman broke it in a demo before I took delivery. A minor issue! Otherwise I have not experienced any other problems!

NiteBlitz

·
Registered
393 Posts
NITEBLITZ said:
Hello Titanparts1:

Thanks for the information, I'll have them check it out when I take her in for the first check-up! Any other Titan parts you care to share with the group that are backordered? It took my dealership a month to get me a replacement handle for the small exterior storage door. A salesman broke it in a demo before I took delivery. A minor issue! Otherwise I have not experienced any other problems!

NiteBlitz
I usually find out on a case by case bases. But right now I know the soft tonneau covers and the front seat covers(without armrests) are not available yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts