Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4x4 SE with off road and big tow. Has about 745 miles on it now. I had it in 4x4 high the other day and the 4x4 lo light started flashing and the front wheels in the instrument panel display were flashing off and on. Later that day I was going down the interstate in 2 wheel drive and the same problem occured. Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've recently seen a few issues relating to electrical problems on the dash. You might want to contact the dealer and see what they know.

wrrohr said:
I have a 4x4 SE with off road and big tow. Has about 745 miles on it now. I had it in 4x4 high the other day and the 4x4 lo light started flashing and the front wheels in the instrument panel display were flashing off and on. Later that day I was going down the interstate in 2 wheel drive and the same problem occured. Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought I read in the Manual that that indicated excessive wheel spin or possibly you were at too high a speed in 4x4. Not 100% but check it out...I know it mentioned the 4Lo light flashing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttz32 said:
I've recently seen a few issues relating to electrical problems on the dash. You might want to contact the dealer and see what they know.
Thanks for the info. Dealer is my next stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ti-tan said:
I thought I read in the Manual that that indicated excessive wheel spin or possibly you were at too high a speed in 4x4. Not 100% but check it out...I know it mentioned the 4Lo light flashing.
Thanks, when in doubt read the manual.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Reading your problem a little more closely I would call a dealer. Did not realize at first that you were in 4x4 high when the 4x4 Lo light came on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ti-tan said:
Reading your problem a little more closely I would call a dealer. Did not realize at first that you were in 4x4 high when the 4x4 Lo light came on.
Will do thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is exactly what happened to me from day one. In fact one time it got stuck in 4lo. This is still happening to me, as the have been waiting for parts (some sensor and switch). Today I got a call, and the parts are in, next appt available is next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the problem.

Let me know what you hear, and I will do the same.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check the manual. I recall reading that if the 4X4 Dash lights flash then 4wd is not engaging/disengaging. It gives instructions on what to do. I think you have to stop the truck and then try to engage/disengage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts