Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased these new Motto Meyham rims that sit on 33.4s. Perfect clearance one tires but I went to pull away and it wouldn’t move. So I take a look and it looks like the calipers are possibly to big for these 18s. Is this more than likely my problem and is there any way around this. I drive a 2013 SL that came on the stock 20s
Tire Wheel Locking hubs Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,591 Posts
take a pic of the back and post it. i think 18s are the stock size for rims with 20s being an alternate for a certain trim level. but maybe the offset is different on those and they are hitting or the tires are stuck on something.

but if its locked the truck up when you tried to drive, its possibly they are going to be scored pretty good now. and you might need a small spacer to move them outwards to fix the trouble but take a pic of the backsides and put them up

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,032 Posts
Aftermarket 18s can be a really tight fit. When I put aftermarket 18s on my 2013 SL, my front calipers slightly rubbed on the inside of the wheels. They would move, but I heard a rubbing sound when I drove. I had to use a grinder to smooth out seam where the different parts of the caliber are welded together. There is so little clearance that the wheel balancing weights Discount Tire installed were stripped right off! They had to rebalance and place the weights in a different location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts