Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my order from Nissan Auto Parts Mall and had a question i'm hoping someone can answer for me. I'll try to make it as understandable as possible.

When you received your fogs did you notice that the circular silver reflector piece inside the housing (behind the bulb) had a small hole to one side and had a section that was not flush all the way around. Kind of like when a piece of a pie is cut out and tilted up with a knife (if that analogy helps any). I included some pics to illustrate what i mean.

I just wanted to make sure the fogs were supposed to be designed like that before i installed them.

Thanx.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I just got my order from Nissan Auto Parts Mall and had a question i'm hoping someone can answer for me. I'll try to make it as understandable as possible.

When you received your fogs did you notice that the circular silver reflector piece inside the housing (behind the bulb) had a small hole to one side and had a section that was not flush all the way around. Kind of like when a piece of a pie is cut out and tilted up with a knife (if that analogy helps any). I included some pics to illustrate what i mean.

I just wanted to make sure the fogs were supposed to be designed like that before i installed them.

Thanx.
I will check, but I think mine came the same way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just looked at mine and they are the same. Since my Titan is the LE, it came with the fog lights already installed. The hole could be there to help it "breathe" and dry out any moisture that may appear inside. My friends 350 Z has the same holes in the headlights and this is what he was told as to why it was there. I haven't looked yet but I wonder if our headlights have them too?

·
Super Moderator
34,537 Posts
My LE has them too, so it would appear to be normal. The "hole" is mounted on the "up" side not "down". The "piece of pie" shape is normal too, necessary to fit. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for taking the time to check your fogs and for the responses. I feel better now.

Now if the weather would only cooperate so i could get out and install them i'd be feeling great. It's be windy and in the low 40's since my parts came in. Hopefully the sunshine will show up next week. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts