Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my sales contact and he said something happened with their Titan orders this month and all of them got blown away (including mine). He said that the District Manager is on it and is going to get my order in now to ensure that I have my truck by the projected delivery time.

Now I'm not really sure if that means he'll try but it won't happen, or if he'll make it happen. Hopefully it won't delay things anymore because I'm already losing my mind.

·
Registered
473 Posts
start searching around for other dealers. go zip code by zip code 100 mi each time. You will find your titan out there. (Unless it is realy wierd)

That is how I saved 2 mths in finding mine.

BTW e-mail me and I will provide you the info you wanted on the sale.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could go look, but then I would not exactly what I want. I'd hate to spend 30k on my Titan and not have it be exactly what I'm looking for. Plus I worked really hard to get $2k off MSRP. I'd hate to bail on the sales guy that worked with me.

I'll send you an email shortly about your old truck ...

Doghouse said:
start searching around for other dealers. go zip code by zip code 100 mi each time. You will find your titan out there. (Unless it is realy wierd)

That is how I saved 2 mths in finding mine.

BTW e-mail me and I will provide you the info you wanted on the sale.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ttz32 said:
I got a call from my sales contact and he said something happened with their Titan orders this month and all of them got blown away (including mine). He said that the District Manager is on it and is going to get my order in now to ensure that I have my truck by the projected delivery time.

Now I'm not really sure if that means he'll try but it won't happen, or if he'll make it happen. Hopefully it won't delay things anymore because I'm already losing my mind.

Ahhhh.....Blown away?? Maybe they didn't have allocation?? Did you have an actual order number? If you had an order number, I can track it.

Rob

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, I was waiting for you insight on this one =)

I got this bit of information from them when I was trying to get the order number from them. It was taking him a few days and he eventually came back with this problem.

He says the district manager is trying to get my order in to ensure I get the truck close to the deliver date. Is this even possible?

70boss said:
Ahhhh.....Blown away?? Maybe they didn't have allocation?? Did you have an actual order number? If you had an order number, I can track it.

Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
ttz32 said:
Ah, I was waiting for you insight on this one =)

I got this bit of information from them when I was trying to get the order number from them. It was taking him a few days and he eventually came back with this problem.

He says the district manager is trying to get my order in to ensure I get the truck close to the deliver date. Is this even possible?
I have to be careful with what I post about Nissan, dealers etc. I posted sale prices for 350Z's last year, and the district people printed it and asked WTH I was doing. I promptly told them they were in the business of making cars, and I was in the business of selling them...and it was the end of it.

It is possible the order can still be filled. It is possible that Nissan actually cancelled your order....they can do this right up to the point of production. THIS IS VERY RARE, and usually only on Japanese spec models. The Japanese plants are essentially different compaines...and they decide what they will or will not build.

When an acutal order is placed, it generates an order number. The typical salesperson will not be involved, nor have access to this information...so please don't be too hard on them.

I would do a search or something, or patiently wait.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok man, thanks for the advice.

I'll ask the sales guy about it later and see what he knows. He's been pretty good to me thus far and I have no reason to doubt him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts