Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck does not have a stock Nissan Tow Pkg. At some point a aftermarket harness was put on. By the looks of it tho, my truck had a harness ran to the rear of the truck and just needed the actual 5 pin jack connected.

I bought a new trailer with surge brakes, so it is essential that the brake light/reverse light worked. I started playing with it. I have gotten everything to work except running lights. My brake lights work and both blinks, also my reverse power to disable the brakes.

I did research first, i checked the famous 10 amp fuse, I checked all the fuses. I used a test light and none of the wires coming out of the harness have power when the lights are on. There are I believe 7 wires and out of the three not being used none have power. Does anyone have an idea what my problem could be? Is there a way to check the wiring as to which color wire goes to what. The few I have left are solid red, white (which is thicker and i think has a blue stripe) and one more i believe. Thanks for the help. I am pulling my trailer Next Tuesday and hope to have it all solved. :cheers:

Barry

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Check under dash near steering column for 2 -10 amp fuses wired in harness,1 may be blown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan Mike said:
Check under dash near steering column for 2 -10 amp fuses wired in harness,1 may be blown.
Hmm, i read something about those. But it didn't seem like running lights were related it seemed like brake/blinkers. I guess I should Look. Any advice on how to find them easily?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts