Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put the back right window down and that mofo didnt want to come back... i finally got it to come back up... it seems to go down fine but up is the problem... when thats the case does the entire motor need to be replaced or is there a difference between up and down?

·
Registered
928 Posts
you are talking about the window, right? something got lost while reading this or I read to much into it.
Sorry man, but I could not let this one pass.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
My rear-driverside window started doing this a few months ago. Rolls up/down from the driver's controls no problem. From the control on that door, it rolls down fine, but doesn't always come back up. Seems like the contacts in the switch are wearing out. I pulled the switch out, cleaned it up, and bent the contacts back so that it all fit tighter. This fixed it for a few days, but then it started acting up again.

At some point i'll just replace the switch. It's definitely not the motor, just a worn out switch. I'd suggest you do the same, just replace the switch.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Not sure what year truck you have but earlier models were known to have window switch issues. They don't fail but if you confuse it (IE....put it down, stop it half way and vise versa) you can confuse it and the whole switch will stop working but only for a few seconds...then resume proper operation. I know Nissan was just replacing the drivers switch unit at that time.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My rear-right window goes down slightly slow... The only way to get it back up is to wiggle the window itself.

If it was under warranty I'd have it fixed ASAP. I bet it would cost an arm and a leg to have the dealer look at it, then the price to fix it. Don't even wanna know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts