Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted my local ProComp dealer interested in buying these wheels

He called me back with the price of $80/wheel (great discount through a friend) but said he had some bad news. He said that the 2011 Titan Pro4-X has calipers on the rear wheels that are different sizes. Specifically, the left rear caliper is larger than the right rear caliper and, therefore, the wheels wouldn't fit on my truck.

Can anyone verify this? Anyone ever heard of this before? Any ideas around this?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I don't believe that, considering how brake systems work there wouldn't be equal pressure on both axles when applying the brakes. I'm going to have to look at my SV and see if it's true.

Edit:

Okay, went and looked, they're the same size on the rear of the '11 SV. That's just what I suspected too.

You can see the calipers through the stock rims, so take a quick look yourself to confirm.

·
Registered
777 Posts
What size wheels are you trying to fit first off?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You are looking at 18" wheels right?

It would seem weird that even with different sized calipers, that they wouldn't fit size wise (before talking about backspacing and offset).

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah I would call B/S on that ..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke with the ProComp dealer again.

He said "Who you gonna believe? Me? Who does this for a living. Or some guys on the internet?".

I told him "These guys really know their stuff. I'm leaning towards them!"

He didn't like that response.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The guys on the internet are owners of these trucks. I say look elsewhere for your new wheels.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
yup calling bs and whats that guys number...feeling we should all call him and put him through a little series of know it all questions

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
as long as its an 18 it will fit, only some wheels have troubles hitting the calipers on the front, and I dont think this is one of them. but he doesnt know what he is saying

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took the truck in this morning because after 3600 miles the front differential is leaking. :(

That's the bad news. While there, I asked the service manager about the rear caliper size. He says they are both the same size. Guess that is the final answer to that question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts