Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting on Titantalk, I bought my '04 last month and since then I have had it in 3 times now. 1st time was for temp sensor, crome bubbleing, and cd changer failing. Then after I had to jump it, the guages went nuts.... new battery solved that, and now guess what...... Rear Diff!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love this truck, but is there any other problems I should watch for before my warrenty is up?

Thanks for your impute.

·
Premium Member
92,287 Posts
Watch for the brake judder if it hasn't already had the issue fixed. Other than that, it's much like most other trucks. A few squeaks and rattles, one or two blown trannies, a few blown front diffs... you know, the usual. Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not rampant, but it happens to everyone. There are a few out there who've had bad samples. Good luck with your truck and welcome to TT!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Well, assuming that since it's used, the brake updates have already been completed. There have been some issues with a few of the lines coming out of the radiator leaking, but aside from that, it sounds as though the rest of your problems have been solved. Everything that you've mention on your list are all things that MANY people have had problems with. Once your rear diff is replaced, you should be good to go.

Just my 3 cents. (adjusted for inflation)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
someone might have abused it, the chrome isnt a big deal, its just plastic door handles cheap even if warrenty doesnt cover... ive had 2 titans and only a few problems.. first the brake judder whichwas a whole front end replace on mine plus if it ever happened again or i just wanted new brakes i had it covered....when i was getting an oil change they had to replace the radiator. i dont know why but they said it was leaking.. think it was their problem...then after rotating tires i forgot to tighten the lugs on one wheel which all the studds bent and stripped.. about 200 to fix that but instead of waiting to get it out of the shop i picked up an 07 and they paid for the studds.. lol

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I recommend jumping on the Technical Service Bulletin board and doing a search of known issues...

That will help you prepare a little.

Congratulations on the purchase. Despite those issues, I think you'll find the truck to be fun to drive...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said I love my truck. I did alot of research before I bought it, but I assumed that being an '04 factory buy back, that all the issues would have been done... oh well thats what warrenties are for right?
The mechanic has whats left of my diff in a sandwhich bag on his wall o'shame.... 'sniff' nuff to make a guy prowd.

oh yeah the brake judder was fixed before I bought it. being that it was recalled I did ask about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts