Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys quick run down:

i was coming from drill and it was a windy night , going up a hill and against the wind i had the truck in CC MPH, and the truck at some points struggle to keep speed and down shifted(very expected since i put a shift kit in it) but almost at the top it started to loose power and the CC shuts off. i was like WTF :confused: , once going down it was so windy that i didn't notice it
but once i got to "flat" surface and i tried to punch it , it was not responding properly like if something was broken :huh: after i made it home and i check again so windy that i couldn't tell what it was.

today i decided to drive it with a lot less wind and it sounded like
1-coil took a dump on me
2-bad spark plug
3-bad wiring

after checking th plugs with a meter, we came to agreement that they are good.

the wiring was looking good so only one thing left

and yeah the sparks plugs(the one we checked) was very wear down and they don't even have a year...

so I'm like :huh: how is this possible for a so EXPENSIVE and "tested" plug. tomorrow I'm going to get a set of NGK and replace all of the plugs and ill get back to you guys..

i just wanted to share my experience and maybe someone else had the same problems..

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Some spark plugs are nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
I kid you not.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow!!! orry to hear that. Mine are still going strong. You got any pics of the plugs?
ill post them on tuesday. SPARKPLUGS.COM vendor here , we are discussing over pms to warranty them. EXCELENT vendor. highly recommended..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok guys the plugs were bad, the truck now revs wayyyy better and thanks to SPARK PLUGS.COM for his great assistance and support but now its making a whistling sound similar to when you put the tbs. and i cant seem to find the "vacuum" it sounds more on the drivers side...

any ideas guys...???

·
Registered
77 Posts
ill take of ur hands and run some test, i had it before, it run great, after my second test drive, My first run, was no power, rpm would stay in the low's, come to figure out, it was just half of the cylinder working, forgot to plug the wires back, got to excited, lol

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i replaced the plugs and it started to run better but aparently the cats went to zhit because of the poor burning. i went strait pipes.. but it sounds too loud and not good. ill put cats back again..

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
my brain hurts reading this post!!!
cant go wrong with the NGK Iridiums plugs which this truck is designed for

Reactions: vilim12

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
adhfasjsdofghsddhf0asjfdas I just switched to them.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,256 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I did, and I called too.... See below for the response I received

:fu:

seriously?

da fuq? :bangit: hmmmm maybe if more people complain, if I get a chance tomorrow Ill pull mine and see since I can get a receipt of when I bought them from autozone. maybe an isolated incidence?

·
Super Moderator
37,256 Posts
Yes ... 3 calls and 1 email... No response.

The plugs look cool and if the really had the correct materiel they would not fail so quickly. Facts are facts ... The plugs suck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts