Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I read threads with people complaing about Nissan's trucks...Before I bought my Titan(this one being the second I have owned) I went out and drove every full size truck made (except Tundra-I don't like the look)..I have always been a Ford guy, and I own a Jeep...I told myself I would drive and check-out every truck and then go home and evaluate it...I drove a Dodge first, the power was nice, truck felt bulky....The interior to me looked "slapped together" .....They have some problems with electrical, specifically A/C problems...I drove the new Z71 once again nice truck, it just didn't feel powerful to me...Then there is the Ford, very nice truck, once again just didn't feel as powerful to me...The last truck I drove was the Titan and as soon as I set down and fired it up I knew this was it for me, I found something I didn't like with every truck from the other companies, except the Titan...I may have problems with my truck one day, I may have had problems with them also...I peeked around the corner at the service department's of each dealer and they all have trucks parked back there to be worked on..I guess what I am saying is, I would have never bought any truck if It wasn't a Ford...Until 2004 when I bought my first Titan and again in 2008...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
GREAT08 said:
You know I read threads with people complaing about Nissan's trucks...Before I bought my Titan(this one being the second I have owned) I went out and drove every full size truck made (except Tundra-I don't like the look)..I have always been a Ford guy, and I own a Jeep...I told myself I would drive and check-out every truck and then go home and evaluate it...I drove a Dodge first, the power was nice, truck felt bulky....The interior to me looked "slapped together" .....They have some problems with electrical, specifically A/C problems...I drove the new Z71 once again nice truck, it just didn't feel powerful to me...Then there is the Ford, very nice truck, once again just didn't feel as powerful to me...The last truck I drove was the Titan and as soon as I set down and fired it up I knew this was it for me, I found something I didn't like with every truck from the other companies, except the Titan...I may have problems with my truck one day, I may have had problems with them also...I peeked around the corner at the service department's of each dealer and they all have trucks parked back there to be worked on..I guess what I am saying is, I would have never bought any truck if It wasn't a Ford...Until 2004 when I bought my first Titan and again in 2008...
..this will be my first Nissan after owning Dodge trucks all my life. Still have a 92 Dakota that runs great and a restored 71 Dodge W100 Power Wagon. All great trucks. I agree. The Tundra is a caricature of it's former self. They are having serious reliability issues with their 5.3L v8. Something about cam shafts failing. I hope my 2008 4x4 Titan will be as good as the previous Dodge trucks I've owned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
the new v8 in the tundra is a 5.7, and there are problems with the transmission to. i worked at a Toyota dealer for a while and 2 new tundras came off the delivery truck with bad transmissions. i don't mind the tundra but i like the titan better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
I'm proud of Nissan. A week ago, my father-n-law traded his Dodge Ram regular cab for a Frontier Crew Cab b/c he didn't have any room for his grandkid's car seat. He has NEVER owned a "foreign" vehicle and has thumbed his nose for a long time at me and wife for owning a Titan and Maxima.

He test drove the Dakota Crew then, reluctantly, test drove the Fronty and ended up loving it! Now, I hope the [email protected] thing holds up well b/c I definitely don't want to hear any "I told you so!" from him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
GO_VOLS! said:
He test drove the Dakota Crew then, reluctantly, test drove the Fronty and ended up loving it! Now, I hope the [email protected] thing holds up well b/c I definitely don't want to hear any "I told you so!" from him.

Thats why you tell him if something does happen.... That crap never happens to the Titan!

I swear no love for the lil bastard truck called Frontier :gunz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
dc_909 said:
Thats why you tell him if something does happen.... That crap never happens to the Titan!

I swear no love for the lil bastard truck called Frontier :gunz:
That picture in your sig there reminds me of my younger years! Ahhhh, the good 'ol days!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top