Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a Procomp Stage 2 6" lift. Want a little more lift up front. Any info on using spacers (like a leveling kit) along with the coilovers? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
For some coilovers you can run a custom spacer along with the latest revision of the PRG UCA, (maximum coil bucket clearance available), but probably a 1" to 1.5" net lift spacer. Don't know about PC coilovers though. Leveling kits are made for the stock top mounting hat that have the studs sticking up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have the PC stage 1. everyone told me i couldnt stack when i asked but it worked fine. I added 1.5" blocks on top of my rear blocks and just added the front spacer on top of the PC. riders rougher. but damn that extra 1.5" is worth it. Thats the best look 1 extra inch ever.
Heads up it will ride like a jeep wrangler. not as plush as before, but worth it to me.
1st pic is PC lift
2nd is with little lift added on top

Attachments

Reactions: SLOride

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have the PC stage 1. everyone told me i couldnt stack when i asked but it worked fine. I added 1.5" blocks on top of my rear blocks and just added the front spacer on top of the PC. riders rougher. but damn that extra 1.5" is worth it. Thats the best look 1 extra inch ever.
Heads up it will ride like a jeep wrangler. not as plush as before, but worth it to me.
1st pic is PC lift
2nd is with little lift added on top
who installed the lift for you, I got the same one ready to get installed and im thinking about also keeping my leveling kitt on mine. what does it measure from the ground to the crown of the fender?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I don't know why, but I'd be worried about the Top Hat for some reason... Why not just crank the ProComp Coilovers up with some more preload instead??

It's on Page 7 of this PDF: http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/59002MX.pdf

I used a Sharpie Marker to mark the threads before and after adjusting the coil rings on my SAW's to keep track of the before position and distance moved.

·
Registered
286 Posts
who installed the lift for you, I got the same one ready to get installed and im thinking about also keeping my leveling kitt on mine. what does it measure from the ground to the crown of the fender?
Im in Memphis for work for a while in a hotel so i found a local shop called 'silver star' in horn lake MS to do it. Otherwise it would have been done in my drive way. I went to 4wheelparts here and tried to get them to do it. but they would not. they told me it wouldnt work. I stacked spacers on top of my jp lifts and it wasnt that big of a pain.
Again, i did not do this myself so I dont know how easy it is but it doesnt seem like that big of a deal.
If you make the drive to columbus ga, Big T off rd will do it, and i used to know about a place in hogansville that does truck tops and acces. that will prolly do it.

As for measuring, I'll see if i can get a measuring tape and get it done. Whats the crown part? of fender? the highest bottom part in the middle?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Im in Memphis for work for a while in a hotel so i found a local shop called 'silver star' in horn lake MS to do it. Otherwise it would have been done in my drive way. I went to 4wheelparts here and tried to get them to do it. but they would not. they told me it wouldnt work. I stacked spacers on top of my jp lifts and it wasnt that big of a pain.
Again, i did not do this myself so I dont know how easy it is but it doesnt seem like that big of a deal.
If you make the drive to columbus ga, Big T off rd will do it, and i used to know about a place in hogansville that does truck tops and acces. that will prolly do it.

As for measuring, I'll see if i can get a measuring tape and get it done. Whats the crown part? of fender? the highest bottom part in the middle?
cool, thanks. My uncle knows a guy in hogansville, it may be the shop your talking about. im prob just gonna do mine my self, because I hate when people tell me something wont work when I know its already been done. yeah the crown im talking about would be the highest point on the under side of the fender, mine is 40 1/8 front and 39 7/8 rear I think if I remember right but I have a 3" spacer in the front and 1" blocks in the rear. i'd love to check yours out when you get back in town.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I don't know why, but I'd be worried about the Top Hat for some reason... Why not just crank the ProComp Coilovers up with some more preload instead??

It's on Page 7 of this PDF: http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/59002MX.pdf

I used a Sharpie Marker to mark the threads before and after adjusting the coil rings on my SAW's to keep track of the before position and distance moved.
That would be a better option than adding a spacer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
cool, thanks. My uncle knows a guy in hogansville, it may be the shop your talking about. im prob just gonna do mine my self, because I hate when people tell me something wont work when I know its already been done. yeah the crown im talking about would be the highest point on the under side of the fender, mine is 40 1/8 front and 39 7/8 rear I think if I remember right but I have a 3" spacer in the front and 1" blocks in the rear. i'd love to check yours out when you get back in town.
Cool. Ill measure in the morning. I used to go to Atl abouttwice a month while i was Columbus. I also hit newnan sometimes. I'll give you a shout next time im up there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How much will the additional preload affect the ride?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
How much will the additional preload affect the ride?
That's kinda like asking how far the ball will go when a kid throws it... It didn't change mine much at all. Different trucks, different springs, different heights will see different results. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Its 45" in the front and 44" in the back

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How long would you say Pops it takes to adjust the height of the coil-overs?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
How long would you say Pops it takes to adjust the height of the coil-overs?
Maybe 30-mins??? You'll want to jack the front tires off the ground to remove any pre-load... IIRC, I think the Procomp coilovers have double rings whereas the SAW and Radflo have a single ring, so that may factor into the time spent as well as the corrosion condition of the threads and amount being changed.

I had mine completely done in like 15-20 mins, but that was when they were brand new.. I'm guessing it'd likely take a bit longer now because I'd have to clean and lube th threads before tiurning.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
The Radflos have two rings. As far as time, it depends on how much preload your adding. It took me about 15 min to add about three quarters of a inch to each side. Just make sure you jack the truck up off the ground like Pops said. It also helps to squirt the threads down with WD40 or something similar first.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Did you have to use a cheater pipe or shop hammer to move the spanner wrench? I have the Pro Comp Coilovers and I could not turn the wrench by hand. I was short on time, so I lowered the jack and am saving the project for another day. Are there any tricks to make this go more smoothly? If not, I will just get rough with it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The Radflos have two rings. As far as time, it depends on how much preload your adding. It took me about 15 min to add about three quarters of a inch to each side. Just make sure you jack the truck up off the ground like Pops said. It also helps to squirt the threads down with WD40 or something similar first.
Is the amount of space on the threads you change equal to the extra ride height you will get? If that makes sense??? And do i have to take the tires off when im making the adjustment?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I'm pretty sure I had to crank the ring twice as much as the change it made, so it's like a 2-1 ratio.... I left my tires on, it was easy enough to reach around them...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Maybe 30-mins??? You'll want to jack the front tires off the ground to remove any pre-load... IIRC, I think the Procomp coilovers have double rings whereas the SAW and Radflo have a single ring, so that may factor into the time spent as well as the corrosion condition of the threads and amount being changed.

I had mine completely done in like 15-20 mins, but that was when they were brand new.. I'm guessing it'd likely take a bit longer now because I'd have to clean and lube th threads before tiurning.
Sway-a ways and Radflos have dual rings as well. Top ring is just a thin jamb ring. At least all the coilovers I buy have dual rings. I dont know about the Pro Comp, but we only use spanner wrenches to adjust the coilover. Like Pops said take the load off of the spring before hand. With IFS I would jack both front tires up at the same time to rtake the pressure off the swaybar as well.
Invest in one of these to make it easier...
Spanner Wrench
I also recommend a limiting strap when stacking. I ran a 2.5" stack on a CST 7" for two years with no issues. But if you have the coilover just adjust them, you do increase the spring rate when doing it that way though.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Did you have to use a cheater pipe or shop hammer to move the spanner wrench? I have the Pro Comp Coilovers and I could not turn the wrench by hand. I was short on time, so I lowered the jack and am saving the project for another day. Are there any tricks to make this go more smoothly? If not, I will just get rough with it.
No I just use the spanner wrench. Try using some WD40 on the threads first.
Is the amount of space on the threads you change equal to the extra ride height you will get? If that makes sense??? And do i have to take the tires off when im making the adjustment?
I'm pretty sure I had to crank the ring twice as much as the change it made, so it's like a 2-1 ratio.... I left my tires on, it was easy enough to reach around them...
Pops is right it takes more than a inch of preload to get a inch of ride height. I don't take my tires off just make sure the truck is jacked up so there isn't pressure on the coils.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.