Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I refuse to pay Nissan $90 to program 2 remote and keys. Does anyone know how to program a 2006 Titan LE-crew cab. My daughter threw the wifes keys away and Nissan wants $140 for key cut and to program two keys & remotes. I bought my truck there and USED to get it service there. Jeremy

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I refuse to pay Nissan $90 to program 2 remote and keys. Does anyone know how to program a 2006 Titan LE-crew cab. My daughter threw the wifes keys away and Nissan wants $140 for key cut and to program two keys & remotes. I bought my truck there and USED to get it service there. Jeremy
Well I can't help on the programming but when I had a blank key (for my switchblade key fob) and had my original key I took it to Ace Hardware and they cut it for free because they couldn't guarantee it would work. It worked because I took the old chip out of my original key. Sorry I couldn't help with the programming.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
or this?

ID CODE ENTRY PRODCEDURE

Step 1) Sit in drivers seat, close and lock all doors.

Step 2) Insert key into and remove it from ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

NOTE:
Withdraw key completely from ignition key cylinder each time.
If procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter registration mode.

Step 3) Insert key into ignition key cylinder and turn to ACC position.

Step 4) Push any button on remote controller once. (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 5) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
A maximum of four ID codes may be entered. If more then four ID codes are entered,
the oldest ID code will be erased.
If you do not want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes, go to Step 9).

Step 6) ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Lock all doors with LH (driver side) lock/unlock switch
(in main power window and door lock/unlock switch).

Step 7) Push any button twice on remote controller once, (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 8) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
If so, unlock doors then repeat Step 6) and Step 7).

Step 9) When complete, open door, and check operation of remote.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
this works. i programed both my fobs and my keypad like this.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The procedure suggested here will program the remotes...but NOT the keys.

You're gonna pay someone $75-90 for a new key to be cut, then they hook up a machine to the truck (all keys you want to start the truck must be present)...and they program them all to work.

I had a mobile locksmith do one for me for $90, IIRC. My Titan (used) only came with one key.

The key fobs are easy...the keys are the $$$ part.

- Brian

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
I think walmart, and ace hardware can do programed keys now. they may be cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a transponder key, just need to get it cut. I'll try the key fob procedure to program that. Maybe I'll be a one key Titan owner until I give in and pay for the key programing. Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
161,858 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will this procedure work a 2011 titan? I bought a couple fobs off e-bay, I get my flashers to come on, but they don't come on again when I push a button on the fob... And yes, I checked the batteries!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts