Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have insight as to when they are going to have a fix for the radio? Its been a while since I've heard anything.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
alw said:
Anyone have insight as to when they are going to have a fix for the radio? Its been a while since I've heard anything.
They are still working on it!
I talk to the factory Tech a few days ago, He told me that they have 3 replacment parts now available for those of us with the Stereo to Mono problem! He gave me the 3 part No. which are #28243-5Z100 /#28243-7S010 and #4NBX-18812AD. The last part No. looks like a ford part No. :huh:
But those are the 3 No. he gave me. He said that at this point replacing the radio's has mad know differents in the sound, but that those 3 replacement parts will fix 80 to 90% of those with the problem. He said they are STILL Working on getting it better! They want 100% FIX'S on This! I thank him for the part Numbers. And told him that I'm going to wait untill they have the final Fix out. He said Nissan WANTS TO GET THIS RIGHT! Just talking to the tech, I feel alot better about my radio problem and NISSAN! As they CARE about all of us with these bad radio's! I would just say to everybody to please be patient on this! They are working real hard to fix this! And they Will. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
More reassurance about radio fix

Because this radio thing is driving me crazy and I am impatient I made a trip to the dealer to have them look at the radio today. They agreed that it sounds horrible in FM, wrote it up and called the "Tech Line". The dealer tech said he told the factory tech that he had a problem with the radio and the factory tech was able to describe the problem without the dealer tech ellaborating. He verified what others have been told by saying they are in fact working on a fix.

I also brought your post with the part numbers you where given and the factory tech (Rob) said that they where "bogus numbers" and that they do not have anything to fix the problem now however are working on it and will post a bulletin to the dealers with the fix when they have it. The dealer tech assured me that he believed that Nissan was working on it and would fix it however he was unable to give any type of time line. He said that they get the bullitins every 15 days.

At least I feel better than when I called the 1-800-Nissan1 line and was told they had never heard of the problem.

I would advise anyone with the radio problem to go to their dealers also. I feel like at least the problem with my radio was aknowledged that in fact there is a problem and reported to the people that can get something done rather than the 800 number that basicaly told me sorry to hear about that. They assured me when they recieve the bulletin that they will call me.

Deepwater said:
They are still working on it!
I talk to the factory Tech a few days ago, He told me that they have 3 replacment parts now available for those of us with the Stereo to Mono problem! He gave me the 3 part No. which are #28243-5Z100 /#28243-7S010 and #4NBX-18812AD. The last part No. looks like a ford part No. :huh:
But those are the 3 No. he gave me. He said that at this point replacing the radio's has mad know differents in the sound, but that those 3 replacement parts will fix 80 to 90% of those with the problem. He said they are STILL Working on getting it better! They want 100% FIX'S on This! I thank him for the part Numbers. And told him that I'm going to wait untill they have the final Fix out. He said Nissan WANTS TO GET THIS RIGHT! Just talking to the tech, I feel alot better about my radio problem and NISSAN! As they CARE about all of us with these bad radio's! I would just say to everybody to please be patient on this! They are working real hard to fix this! And they Will. :)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I got a courtesey call last night from nissan asking how I liked the truck. So I told them, I loved it all execpt the radio reception sucked!!! He said that is the first he has heard of it and will report it immediatly to my dealer so they can schedule an appointment to have it corrected.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many replaceable/serviceable parts make up the radio system? Antenna, head unit and signal booster?

Come on Nissan....your troubleshooting skills are less than impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Nissan itself doesn't make the radio. They have to wait for the maker of the radio to 'fix' the problem and then Nissan sign off on it. Would you want them to do so before its a true tested fix?

Chris

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Radio Issue

I contacted the radio manufacturer (rockford) and they stated that the problem is with the "head unit" and that Nissan is working on it... anybody know what the "head unit" on a radio is and what it is supposed to do?

·
Registered
470 Posts
jeff7777 said:
I contacted the radio manufacturer (rockford) and they stated that the problem is with the "head unit" and that Nissan is working on it... anybody know what the "head unit" on a radio is and what it is supposed to do?
The head unit is the actual radio. Rockford does not make head units-just speakers and amps. The radio (head unit) is made by Clarion.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
waitingfortitan said:
Because this radio thing is driving me crazy and I am impatient I made a trip to the dealer to have them look at the radio today. They agreed that it sounds horrible in FM, wrote it up and called the "Tech Line". The dealer tech said he told the factory tech that he had a problem with the radio and the factory tech was able to describe the problem without the dealer tech ellaborating. He verified what others have been told by saying they are in fact working on a fix.

I also brought your post with the part numbers you where given and the factory tech (Rob) said that they where "bogus numbers" and that they do not have anything to fix the problem now however are working on it and will post a bulletin to the dealers with the fix when they have it. The dealer tech assured me that he believed that Nissan was working on it and would fix it however he was unable to give any type of time line. He said that they get the bullitins every 15 days.

At least I feel better than when I called the 1-800-Nissan1 line and was told they had never heard of the problem.

I would advise anyone with the radio problem to go to their dealers also. I feel like at least the problem with my radio was aknowledged that in fact there is a problem and reported to the people that can get something done rather than the 800 number that basicaly told me sorry to hear about that. They assured me when they recieve the bulletin that they will call me.
WaitingforTitan.....
The 3 Parts and Numbers ARE NOT BOGUS!!!
You can order 2 of them right from your dealer right now!! The other part comes from a different company. And you will be able to get it from your Nissan dealer at some point!
Part #28243-5Z100- is a FEEDER CABLE for an Ant. You can order it at your dealers parts counter.
Part #28243-7S010- is also for a FEEDER CABLE for the Ant. You also can order this part from your dealers part counter, but this part is on National Back order! So you will have to wait for it!
Part#4NBX-18812AD- IS NOT A Nissan part! It is the AMP Cable or Cables. And will come form the makers of the Radio-Amps! You will be able to get this part from your dealer but it first must come Clarion or RF. Nissan dose NOT make this PART. I was told all this on the phone by the Tech and that you will need ALL 3 of these PARTS. And that it will fix 80to 90% of the problems with the radio's going from Stereo to Mono. The people that are having the STATIC Problem's with there FM radio's seems to be LOSE Ant. Conections and Fittings! Just a retighting is needed for them. This is what he told me! I did give him another call after reading your post, he had already left for the day, so I left him a voice mail msg. to call me back with another up date on this. Should hear from him somtime next week. I'll let you all know! My understanding from him was that they want to make sure this is going to work for ALL the Radio's! And also STILL Working on make it Better!!! Like I said, they dont have a Final FIX Out Yet. And I'm going to wait untill then. I do not want to take my truck apart any more times then what are needed to fix this!! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks Deepwater for the information. I have passed it on to my dealer also. Last time I talked to the Nissan 800 number was told the same thing, that they are close to a fix but are not ready to release the bullentin to the dealers yet. Glad you are enjoying your truck. I love mine. We all just need to wait a little longer as I also only want my dash taken apart once.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not trying to be a Titan or Nissan basher, but come on. Seriously, how long has this truck been out? Since December right? It's now April.

I know these radio issues had to start showing up right away. I didn't buy my radio from Clarion or whoever, I bought it from Nissan. A $20-30K truck with a sub-par radio is just unacceptable. Yes, I know a fix is in the works and it needs to be tested etc. etc. etc.... How long has Nissan been putting radios in cars and trucks?

This is the first Nissan I have owned and just expected them (Nissan and the OEM) to be a little more "on the ball" with what seems like should be a relatively easy fix.

With that being said, I conclude my weekly vent session on this :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
jd1973 said:
The head unit is the actual radio. Rockford does not make head units-just speakers and amps. The radio (head unit) is made by Clarion.
Sorry, but Rockford DOES make head (or source) units! Not great ones, but none the less.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...sp?ItemKey=10061252&CategoryDesc=Source Units

This is not a Nissan part, but they have obvoiusly teamed up with Rockford to provide head units. This is ultimately Nissans problem, as they sell the vehicle and everything in it, but lets hope that Rockford & Nissan are working together! Nissan is not in the stereo biz!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
that link did not take me to the radio that looked like mine. regardless, i can listento cds until this radio thing gets fixed.

just wondering, does it play mp3 cds. i stuck one in and it didnt work but it could have been one of my wma cds.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
goathead said:
that link did not take me to the radio that looked like mine. regardless, i can listento cds until this radio thing gets fixed.

just wondering, does it play mp3 cds. i stuck one in and it didnt work but it could have been one of my wma cds.
No it doesn't play MP3's. That is what the input jack is for. Plug your MP3 player into that and press AUX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Deepwater

Sounds like you have a direct contact you are speaking to yourself and it is reaasuring that they are working on it. I have resolved that I am just going to have to be patient. The dealer tech typed directly on my work order that he spoke to Rob on the tech line and was told that the part numbers given on titan talk would not fix the problem and are bogus (I printed your post and gave it to them). Sounds like he was just probably reluctant to give the go ahead on those part numbers because they have not officially released a fix. I am sceptical that it would take three seperate parts to fix it. I would expect that when they officially diagnose the problem it is more probable that it will be one problem - one fix. It is to bad that Nissan doesn't have a better communication channel so that everybody was getting the same information and where being assured that Nissan has acknowledged the problem and is going to fix it with an ETA. I think people would be a lot more patient if they communicated consistently and clear to the dealers and customers. Oh well - I at least feel now that they are working on it and that makes it a lot easier to be patient.

Deepwater said:
WaitingforTitan.....
The 3 Parts and Numbers ARE NOT BOGUS!!!
You can order 2 of them right from your dealer right now!! The other part comes from a different company. And you will be able to get it from your Nissan dealer at some point!
Part #28243-5Z100- is a FEEDER CABLE for an Ant. You can order it at your dealers parts counter.
Part #28243-7S010- is also for a FEEDER CABLE for the Ant. You also can order this part from your dealers part counter, but this part is on National Back order! So you will have to wait for it!
Part#4NBX-18812AD- IS NOT A Nissan part! It is the AMP Cable or Cables. And will come form the makers of the Radio-Amps! You will be able to get this part from your dealer but it first must come Clarion or RF. Nissan dose NOT make this PART. I was told all this on the phone by the Tech and that you will need ALL 3 of these PARTS. And that it will fix 80to 90% of the problems with the radio's going from Stereo to Mono. The people that are having the STATIC Problem's with there FM radio's seems to be LOSE Ant. Conections and Fittings! Just a retighting is needed for them. This is what he told me! I did give him another call after reading your post, he had already left for the day, so I left him a voice mail msg. to call me back with another up date on this. Should hear from him somtime next week. I'll let you all know! My understanding from him was that they want to make sure this is going to work for ALL the Radio's! And also STILL Working on make it Better!!! Like I said, they dont have a Final FIX Out Yet. And I'm going to wait untill then. I do not want to take my truck apart any more times then what are needed to fix this!! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
SarkaZm said:
Sorry, but Rockford DOES make head (or source) units! Not great ones, but none the less.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...sp?ItemKey=10061252&CategoryDesc=Source Units

This is not a Nissan part, but they have obvoiusly teamed up with Rockford to provide head units. This is ultimately Nissans problem, as they sell the vehicle and everything in it, but lets hope that Rockford & Nissan are working together! Nissan is not in the stereo biz!

Ok I left out the word "the". I'm aware Rockford makes head units (I have a 21 year old son) but the ones in the Titan are Clarion units and the Rockford components are the amp and speakers. It really doesn't matter. We need a fix to this issue and I'm confident Nissan and whoever is working the issue. It's not like this radio issue is a big drag. I have CDs and AM until something is done. Other than the funky radio this is a great truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts