Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a small coolant leak from radiator cap/overflow tube connection area. Replaced cap about a month ago with OEM unit, installed and all seemed to be good. Washed the truck last weekend and popped the hood to dry the jambs and noticed some dried coolant spray coming from either the cap or the overflow tube connection. Noticed that the overflow tube was a little loose with the factory hose clamp so I replaced with a traditional style hose clamp that allows to tighten more. Cleaned up area, drove to work yesterday, checked when I arrived, bone dry...

Drove it home last night however, started to smell coolant, got home popped the hood and the spray is back...

Going to go buy another new Radiator cap just for good measure however need to know the proper procedure for bleeding the radiator and/or the overflow tank that is also pressurized. I did a search and read some other threads but didn't find what I was looking for, hoping someone can chime in with some factual and correct knowledge on this matter.

Thanks -

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is doing the same. Let me know if you find anything :/

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 08 had a recall on the radiator cap. It was doing the same as yours. Maybe try a cap from an 08 if there the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts