Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of a very low mile 2018 Titan SV Single Cab 4wd, well optioned: (K02) SV Utility Package, (T01) SV Tow Package, (U01) SV Convenience Package, and Mud flaps, with only 1,700 miles from a local Ford Dealer for $23,000 before taxes.

I'm a little worried about reliability after reading the discussions here, primarily the engine knock resulting in engine replacement. The truck I'm looking at has incredibly low miles, and a great price which is very tempting.

Does the Nissan 100,000 mile warranty carry over when you purchase a used truck? The Ford dealer supposedly has it's own "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" for no cost, but I doubt they would replace the engine unless it actually failed to run anymore.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ask for a free Carfax, Autocheck or whatever the dealer subscribes to. Make sure it is not a buy back etc. Pay for a pre-purchase inspection at a Nissan dealership if you are unsure. If it is a typical vehicle, the warranty will carry over. Worst case, call Nissan Customer Service to confirm. Separately, I have a 2018 Pro-4X with ~14800 miles and no issues thus far.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Sadly forums that are here to get help from also scare the crap out of potential owners.
Not all the Titans are bad nor are the majority of owners forum readers, members or unhappy owners.
Best of luck to you. Mine is a 2018 that I’ve had for 19 months and 40,000 miles to date and no issues at all.

Clint

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a well optioned Single Cab SV 2017 with 12k miles that I brought new. I can do nothing but sing praises for my truck. Great ride and great looks -- but I like chrome. ;) Check the VIN with Nissan and you can be sure the Nissan warranty is valid. Worse case scenario you could search around till you can get a 2019 single cab for 25k. It's a great time to get a Titan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had a bad experience with the salesman, and the truck had some paint damage so I walked.

Test drove a 2017 Titan S Single Cab 4WD in Cayenne Red with only 6,700 miles (not 4,600 as I first believed) and loved it! This was at a small town Ford dealership that were awesome to deal with and they met my price w/trade in. Will return tomorrow after work to arrange financing and take it home.

It did have a slight vibration, most noticeable at 65mph :-/

Very fast truck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got my single cab SV 4x4 with 18k miles for 21000 pre tax. You will not regret it, it is a sleeper in single cab from for sure, not many people know how quick these trucks really are.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Holy hell, that's a steal. I know quite a few people who put less than 2-3,000 miles per year on their vehicles and all I can think is "how??" I drive the hell out of mine. I'm living in Norway and I'm home maybe 6 weeks a year and I put more mileage on my truck than that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine is 3 years old and due to work travel I only just barely passed 12k. Our vehicles all have pretty low miles. The only reason our BMW gets 7500 a year is that my wife uses it as her daily. Strangely my mother-in-law is putting over 12k a year on her 2018 Chrysler and yet it seems that when I'm home we're chauffeuring her around in our vehicles all the time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I might become one of those low mileage people, as I’ll be switching between driving the Titan and my 2014 MX-5.
I have a 981 porsche boxster S and a 2002 maxima that share driving duties. Still manage to put mileage on all of them. 😫 That being said, I live in a fairly rural area that requires driving mostly everywhere. I can see how someone in a city or with a company vehicle would drive less.

Anyway, early congrats on the new truck! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
It did have a slight vibration, most noticeable at 65mph :-/
This may be why a lot of low mileage used Titans are on the lots. People traded them in after not being able to get the vibration issue solved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It’s weird finding these low mileage trucks. The 2017 had 4,600 miles, hadn’t had it’s first oil change or had the tires rotate. The truck was purchased new in the small town that I found it in. Got it for $18,200.
Always makes me wonder why they even bought it to begin with

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 981 porsche boxster S and a 2002 maxima that share driving duties. Still manage to put mileage on all of them. 😫 That being said, I live in a fairly rural area that requires driving mostly everywhere. I can see how someone in a city or with a company vehicle would drive less.

Anyway, early congrats on the new truck! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.
Hope you Autocross the Boxster S! I just started last season and won the Novice Championship. My MX-5 will get a workout this year in C Street class. Our local hotshoe has taken the AS class and Top Pax several years in a row, driving a Boxter S.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts