Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I dont mind the whistle. Reminds me of filling my fathers boat at the fuel dock. Memory lane.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My 18 P4X whistles every time during a fill-up. It does not bother me but it is an item to take care of at some point during the warranty period.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dude, those wheels really look great on your truck. I was home for three days last week and wish that I had taken a few pics of mine. ;) . How many miles you got on it now?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Dude, those wheels really look great on your truck. I was home for three days last week and wish that I had taken a few pics of mine. ;) . How many miles you got on it now?
Thanks! Just over 8,000 now. Got 19.5 mpg on the last 200 mile trip.

I'm really having a hard time not spinning the inside wheel when I turn right, wish I had a limited slip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Dealership replaced the tank and it's silent now. They have ordered parts to replace the passenger seat back, as it vibrates and rattles constantly. Hope that will be the last work they have to do to the truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm back. Total mileage 689 miles, measured fuel mileage 10.2mpg, Lie-O-meter said I got 9.7mpg, hauling a 6,000lb travel trailer into a 20-35mph headwind, both directions. Called Gunn Nissan Denton to see about getting a remote and programing on Thursday. Screener said they would 'call me back' and schedule appointment. By 1100am Friday I had no call back, so reached out to Texas Nissan in Grapevine. They said 'bring it in, we'll be glad to look at it'. They quoted $450.00 for a remote, $149 to program it...NO, not only NO, HELL NO. (I am sure there is a way to program a remote to this vehicle without getting hijacked.) But I will say this-the truck got washed and vacuumed. They did notice the VRoom plate frame and asked how long I had owned it (just over a month) and would you like to check service records for free? Sure. Oil changed at Douglass Nissan, Waco in June 2018, 5,600 miles, and March 2019, 12,100 miles. Before I bought my Titan Carfax didn't reflect the Douglass Nissan service but it did the Leif Johnson Ford oil change at 15,400 miles after being traded in. I got the vehicle with 15,600 and it has 17,000 now, no consumption. I wonder if Texas Nissan extorts excess 'fees' from Nissan when performing warranty work? And does anyone know how to program a previously used three button remote to one of these trucks?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I'm back. Total mileage 689 miles, measured fuel mileage 10.2mpg, Lie-O-meter said I got 9.7mpg, hauling a 6,000lb travel trailer into a 20-35mph headwind, both directions. Called Gunn Nissan Denton to see about getting a remote and programing on Thursday. Screener said they would 'call me back' and schedule appointment. By 1100am Friday I had no call back, so reached out to Texas Nissan in Grapevine. They said 'bring it in, we'll be glad to look at it'. They quoted $450.00 for a remote, $149 to program it...NO, not only NO, HELL NO. (I am sure there is a way to program a remote to this vehicle without getting hijacked.) But I will say this-the truck got washed and vacuumed. They did notice the VRoom plate frame and asked how long I had owned it (just over a month) and would you like to check service records for free? Sure. Oil changed at Douglass Nissan, Waco in June 2018, 5,600 miles, and March 2019, 12,100 miles. Before I bought my Titan Carfax didn't reflect the Douglass Nissan service but it did the Leif Johnson Ford oil change at 15,400 miles after being traded in. I got the vehicle with 15,600 and it has 17,000 now, no consumption. I wonder if Texas Nissan extorts excess 'fees' from Nissan when performing warranty work? And does anyone know how to program a previously used three button remote to one of these trucks?
Wow! Mine was missing the 2nd remote when I bought it, and the Ford dealer paid for a new one and had the Nissan Dealer program it. I didn’t know it was that expensive!

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Depends on the dealer, some people add a factory remote start and their dealer programmed it free, mine charged me only $50. When doing that they need all the remotes at once so it was the same thing for me that you want. I’m not certain if they can redo a used one as they may be married to the original vehicle. I now have my two original 3 button fobs and 2 four button fobs.
Unless you have a really well equipped locksmith, you need the dealer to do it. The tech let me sit in the truck and watch how plots done, all completed in under 10 minutes.

Clint

81 - 93 of 93 Posts