Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's been done already or....

My Thorley LT's are in and I ordered UpRev today. I'm going to Top Dead Center Performance in Spartanburg, SC tomorrow to make a few dyno pulls to get my stock (2* advance and Borla ProXS muffler) numbers. After I install the LT's and UpRev in the next few weeks, I'll be making a return visit to make a few pulls again to see what the official gains are.

After a couple of months I will be getting an 07+ manifold and K&N CAI and another UpRev tune. I will then go back and get the truck dyno'ed for a third time to show those gains as well.

If anyone has any specific requests as to more parts they want to see dyno'ed, let me know and I MAY have that done in the future as well!!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
48 Posts
did you dyno it at pure stock? I'm curious as to how close it was to 317 hp.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you dyno it at pure stock? I'm curious as to how close it was to 317 hp.
No I didn't. All I have is 2* timing advance and a Borla muffler, so it won't be more than 20hp difference if that. Also, I have an 06 which was rated at 305hp. In 07, they introduced VVT and changed the intake manifold which gave it the 317hp rating.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Congrat's on the new mod's! I'm interested to see what #'s your truck put's down on the dyno. I want to get my truck dynoed on a different dyno than the one @ Harbor Nissan. Both times i dynoed there the #'s seemed low, so i want a second opinion. I'm really not worried about it though, i know what it will run @ the track & that's all that matter's to me. Good luck & keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Remember Factory HP/TQ is at the Crank, not the Wheel. Loss of 15% is typical. Stock 2006 usually about 255-265 HP Dyno'd, indicating Factory very conservatively rated Titan Output. 2* adds 6-8 HP max., according to Dynos done back in 06 by shailey. Most accurate use of a Dyno is seeing changes/improvements.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Made the pulls around 2 o'clock. The numbers are in.

Peak hp from the pulls was 273, peak torque from all pulls was 358 ft/lb.

Numbers it made on a full, good pull, without the transmission kicking down was 267 hp and 320.5 ft/lb torque. Not to bad. We shall see what she does when those Thorley's and UpRev are put on.

The shop's owner should be in around 4 and said he'd email me a copy when he gets in. I've got printed copies but they were almost out of ink and can barely see the lines.

With 86K miles and two leaky manifolds, I believe I could've seen slightly better numbers. I'm not complaining though. Can't wait for Zmax to open for the season in a months to see what 1/4 times it'll produce.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have an 06 that I just got dyno'ed the other day ....

I got 275 peak torgue and 218 peak hp

But that was at the wheels ....

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice! That's pretty respectable w/ your mod's. Your HP/TQ #'s should be similar to mine after you get your header's & Up/Rev tune.

Yea that happened on one of my pull's last time. If you don't get the RPM's up high enough the TQ converter won't lock up & it will downshift. Then you have to do it all over. I think it's around 3000RPM's.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an 06 that I just got dyno'ed the other day ....

I got 275 peak torgue and 218 peak hp

But that was at the wheels ....
Uhhh.....Hate to sound like an ***....but what happened??? That's a HUGE loss over stock rating....More than drivetrain loss should be.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
IIRC, most of us are sure to keep it in 3rd gear on the dyno, gradually bring it to 3,000 RPMs and goose it from there.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IIRC, most of us are sure to keep it in 3rd gear on the dyno, gradually bring it to 3,000 RPMs and goose it from there.
That's what Gweasel mentioned.

Also he made a couple of 4th pulls and it made better torque numbers but it kept bouncing off the speed limiter at 120mph.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Nice! I got 277 HP and around 360ish torque when I had intake, catback, and no cats. I wish I would have gotten it dynoed with all my mods. There have been stock 2007+ Titans dyno 290+ to the wheels. Pre-07's are usually 260-270....Usually a lot of torque though

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Here's mine from last year @ Harbor Nissan on the Dynomite Dyno:

293HP/355TQ w/ 12.05 AFR so i got a little room for improvement.

(This was w/ Bank's 3" Y-Pipe & pre '07 Intake Manifold)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keep in mind his 35" tires. I'd say that's pretty good that he has those big ol' tires on. :)
I've got stock size AT+M's which equal out to what? 32"s?

I must say, as most people never hear their exhaust from the outside at WOT, the Borla ProXS sounds HELLA sick on the Titan. Can't wait to put my LT's on.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I htink the comment about the numbers being low where directed toward the guy who said he dynoed like 215 HP and 275 TQ
Yes, mine was directed to him.

That's less than my 02 GT dynoed at with only an o/r H pipe and Flowmasters with a teeny tiny little 4.6L.....in both hp and torque.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts