Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1002 Posts

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, How about us starting a thread over PROVEN exhaust setups that have no or very minimal DRONE, RASP and CIS. Since our Titan is such a finicky exhaust and is such a bear to tune and get right I think this thread would be helpful to guys trying to get their beast right. So, if you have a outstanding exhaust with none of the above state what you gavin going on from motor to exit in order. State the tone and loudness as well as any cel. No arguing over who has what and what is better! I know there are threads all ready on exhaust but lets get a new updated one going and try to keep it on subject and all in one place. Just wanted to do this due to being asked so many times what works and I think it would be helpful...:)

Heres what I have- Stillen headers-2.5" Cajun bpipes with vibrant reso's-jba catback-full length tailpipe side exit with a ultra quite over rear axle. I have Zero drone, rasp or cis with this setup. I have no cel issues with stillens emulator wired in. Non up rev titan. My truck has a deep tone not too loud and returns to a nice mellow rumble in overdrive. Radio can be heard easy.. mine is a emissions inspectors nightmare.

NOISE LEVELS 1-10----- 1 being stock to 10 being too dang loud.... mine is a 3

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I think it would also be useful to state whether your set up passes emissions as is (no swapping of components ofr inspection/testing) for those of us that live in areas requiring emissions testing. Like the thread idea Nightowl!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think it would also be useful to state whether your set up passes emissions as is (no swapping of components ofr inspection/testing) for those of us that live in areas requiring emissions testing. Like the thread idea Nightowl!
Good idea! Maybe also give it a noise rating from 1 to 10, 1 being stock.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
My current setup is 2.5" pipe off the stock b-pipes goes to a x-pipe then heads to dual 18" oval magnaflow mufflers the out the back with 3" tips the sound level is 2 at ideal and 5 at WOT only time I get any drone is pulling a 7k trailer up a long hill before it downshifts no other Sounds the tone is a smooth rumble I have gotten lots compliments about the way it sounds.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have stock manifolds and cats 2.25 cajuns and banks catback no cis drone at 2 grand kinda bad but other than that its good loud about 7 or 8 no cel bdpp tuned no resos yet had on for bout month luv it so far

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stillen LT's, Berk's B-Pipes, Banks Monster=1500-1900 some drone, WOT=Ripping all out kick *** sound, CIS (Same sound from my glass pack thrush straight thru's!) The CIS is not a irritating sound, it is the true performance sound, just go to any race of any type (motorcycle, NASCAR, NHRA, Indy, Formula1, SCORE) and you will know what performance should sound like. Anything that muffles that sound will drop your peak power (Prove me Wrong). Butt Dyno=Hell Yeah!!

BTW, no codes and still waiting on funds to buy Uprev.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Stillen LT - Cajun B pipes - Banks Monster Exhaust - Vibrant UQ Resonator - happy dude. Be much happier when truck get back from new timing chains-gears- ECU-crank-cam sensors.......:crying:........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awesome thread. I was just doing a search trying to figure out what exhaust set up I want. :bump:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Stillen LT - Cajun B pipes - Banks Monster Exhaust - Vibrant UQ Resonator - happy dude. Be much happier when truck get back from new timing chains-gears- ECU-crank-cam sensors.......:crying:........
Mrb, how much did the resonator quiet the exhaust?

Sent from a phone.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
exhaust is in my sig, Cal Legal minus the headers, Noise level at normal rpm range is like a 2-3 and at WOT its like a 4- 4.5 (tolerable level). I have little drone throughout the RPM range with my current set up.

my previous set up was the exact same with a spintech super street. It did have CIS on cold starts, normal level was like a 6 and at wot it was like a 10... so unless you have cats and a vibrant ultra quiet it is TOO much with long tube headers. It also had a bit of rasp; which to me personally I liked, and was a beast nice exhaust overall.. you just need to like drone.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
2.5" pipes all the way back with a Y directly into the muffler, generic Magnaflow 3" in/out straight through then dumped down

audio clip (need to get a better one further away) sounds awesome with my S&B which makes a lot of noise about 3k
my truck :: MOV005.mp4 video by redman86 - Photobucket

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, don't forget to add noise level and any cel issues. Also state headers or not...Thanks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'll play :)

- Stock manifolds
- Nightowl's 2.5" b-pipes
- Custom 2.5" mandrel bent true duals
- (2x) Aero Turbine Resonators
- (2x) SLP Loudmouth II Mufflers
- Dumped before rear axle
- All ceramic coated satin black

Loudness:
- 2 at Idle
- 6 at WOT

CIS: N/A

CEL: Never an issue

Drone: Only when bogging uphill under load before downshifting

My Take: Smoothest truck exhaust I've heard in person. Very smooth, clean sounding exhaust. No rasp or harsh audibles.

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE
MDE250 + MSE300 In.The.Works

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Awesome thread. I was just doing a search trying to figure out what exhaust set up I want. :bump:
millington, thats funny my girls fam lives there

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
This is what I run for now. oem manifolds(replaced a year ago) Cajun B-pipes, JBA 3" catback 22" magnaflow out behind rear wheel It is single in single out No secondary cats( Cajun B- pipes) start up#3 drone at 55 to 60 smooths out at 65 mph. no CEL, CIS#4, WOT #7 , also run Injen intake. soon to be uprev, Nismores,FT90kit withLS/7. I am getting there!

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
14,125 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
i asked stormtroopin for info cus i have an 08 S.E with the Banks and at WOT all you hear is CIS straight up, he recommended "What I'd try first is adding in a single 3" in/3" out bullet. I'd have it welded in after the muffler, closest to the tailpipe. It'll kill that raspy nasty sound, but will also quiet up the tone just a tad." my question to him or you guys is how much lower will the tone be, i like loud like real loud lol and i dont want to quiet up the exhaust too much or cut the Banks pipes up if it doesnt improve. in NO WAY am i saying stormtroopin isnt right i just want to make sure before i mod out the banks. if your readin the thread storm thanks for your input!! i hope im not being unrealistic in my expectations thats why im here to learn lol.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just had my Magnaflow ypipe and 14" Magnaflow muffler installed. So far I really like it. It's raspy when i rev it up in park, but not when driving so I can live with that. I didn't like how they welded the ypipe to the muffler, I assumed they wouldn't do that. The guy I've been using for the last 15 years retired and this the only exhaust shop within 30 minutes so I had to use them. Other than the ypipe location I think they did a pretty good job for $150. Sound level outside truck about a 8 and around a 4 inside.

Parts:
OBX LT headers
Walker bpipes with O2 extenders
Magnaflow 2.25 in 2.5 out ypipe
Magnaflow #11226 SI/SO 2.5" 14" muffler
3A Racing Tip #62-2354

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
631 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1002 Posts