Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pressure is everyone running in their BFG's. I have 275/70/18s and trying to find the best PSI to run. I have them at 40 right now. Just thought I would get everyone elses PSI...

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I have the Rugged Trails 275-70-18's and running 36 psi fine

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hump Day :bump:

·
Registered
96 Posts
For every day driving or off road?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
What pressure is everyone running in their BFG's. I have 275/70/18s and trying to find the best PSI to run. I have them at 40 right now. Just thought I would get everyone elses PSI...
I just got the same exact tires and size. I have no idea what they're set at!!! I guess I should look huh?...lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have mine set at 50 psi for everday driving, and light trail runs. They are a heavy E rated tire so I like to keep them pumped up. It is all what you like, at 50 they ride a little more harsh then they did when they were at 35 but the truck seems to scoot down the road a little easier, I have had them at 50 psi for 2 months now and like the ride.

·
Registered
989 Posts
From Toyo's website, the TRA LT tire inflation table for a LT275/70/18 says at 45 psi, the load rating is 2470 lbs. At 50 psi, the load rating is 2680 lbs. Considering the stock tires are rated at 2600 lbs maximum, 50 psi would be plenty. But since the stock tires are P tires (not an LT), you reduce that load capacity by a factor of 1.10 when used on a light truck, so 2363 lbs. So 45 psi would also be enough to meet or exceed the load rating of the stockers.

·
Registered
989 Posts
These are load rated at 3600 LBS so it's not gonna really matter much.
Yep, 3600 lbs at 80 psi. Below 80 psi, your load rating decreases as the pressure decreases. Plus, if you run too much pressure, you'll just wear out the center of the tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts