Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta Brag...If you have followed the weather you might have seen that NW Arkansas has been hit with a little snow over the last week. About 3 feet in a week with 25 inches coming Wednesday morning.

Anyway. My driveway in the country has 2 feet deep snow in it and a guy got stuck at the end of my driveway turning around and blocked my driveway. So I drive down to try and help him. The only problem is my driveway is fenced on both sides and the only way to get around the back to pull him out was to fit through a tiny spot barely wide enough for my truck, jump off the side of my driveway into the ditch and try to get out of the ditch thats about 4 foot deep. Full of snow from drifts.

I have been bragging to my wife all week that the Titan cant seem to get stuck in the snow. So I fit through the tiny spot and get into the ditch and take off. I get through the flat part of the snow but cant get up the side of it...im just spinning out. So I finally put it in 4 LO and crawl up the side.

I hook up the car to pull it out. A guy in a F-250 comes up and asks if I need help...of course I tell him no and he moves on and my wife just shakes her head. So I hook up and straighten up...my front tires 2 feet deep in snow and my back tires on ice. But the Titan just crawled ahead and yanked it out and the guy says "damn...thats a helluva truck" and he went on his way.

Not bad for a truck with no lift and stock tires.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sweet @ss sweet. He buy you beer?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I briefly thought of pulling somebody out today after they inexplicably drove a small SUV off an arrow straight bone dry road and into a deep snow filled ditch at 30 mph. Fortunately an F150 immediately in front of me rushed to their aid as I was contemplating whether there was any possibility of pulling them out w/o leaving a pile of broken plastic behind.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Around here i'm known as "Colten's towing" haha i must have pulled 15 guys out of the ditch last winter and about 7 this winter. Its funny as to how my buddies and friends hit the ditch but i dont. Haha right on for showin what a T can do!

·
Premium Member
21,144 Posts
I briefly thought of pulling somebody out today after they inexplicably drove a small SUV off an arrow straight bone dry road and into a deep snow filled ditch at 30 mph. Fortunately an F150 immediately in front of me rushed to their aid as I was contemplating whether there was any possibility of pulling them out w/o leaving a pile of broken plastic behind.
I would look on this as a bonus. I figure the F-150 will get himself stuck too so I get two pulls in the same location.

Reactions: RxZ

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Ugh.... While I was stationed in TX I bought my T and only got 2wd. Since moving back home to MA I've been kicking myself in the @ss ever since. Atleast its all paid off! Should have had your wife get some pictures of the T in action!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I live at the end of a dead end road, next to a pond. The power line poles actually run through the pond, and a few months ago the Swepco guy comes knocking on my door. He drove his lift truck INTO the pond, on a steep grassy slope. I really didn't think my T was heavy or strong enough, but first pull in 4low popped him out and up.
He was pretty impressed afterward, since he was going on the whole time about just using my phone and calling out a capable vehicle. :teethmast

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ugh.... While I was stationed in TX I bought my T and only got 2wd. Since moving back home to MA I've been kicking myself in the @ss ever since. Atleast its all paid off! Should have had your wife get some pictures of the T in action!
I wish I had my wife film it. This literally was a once in a lifetime snow for Arkansas. We only broke a hundred year old record for snowfall. 4 years of snow in about 4 hours. :)

Another snow story...so I had to change out hay bales for the horses and didnt have the tractor so what do I do...put the Titan in 4WD and push that bad boy through the snow. :) A round bale only weights about 800 pounds. The bottom was flat too so it wasnt rolling. It was a fight but I got it moved the 100 feet to the pasture.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah man I did the same thing last week. I was quite impressed with it as was my buddy who didn't have to spring all the $$$$$ for a pro tow.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts