Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. Just looking and asking for any pointers or opinions you all may have. On the 28th of Feb, my family and I are moving to Florida, from Delaware. :) We will be having movers take all the House Hold good for us. However, I am going to use the U-haul auto transport trailer to tow wifes van behind titan. The trailer weights 2K and the Quest comes in at a little over 4K. My Titan is stock with tow package.
Any input would be great.:bump:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
A big pile of money for gas ...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Brake controller?

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe a silly tip but do pull the quest with the front wheels off the ground lol. Some tow lights wouldn't be bad idea either. Oh yeah and i second the stock pile money idea! Good luck with the move.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
The trailer will be a little toung heavy just for a heads up. Keep it in fouth and set the cruise at 65 and don't get a hurry. Just take your time. The surge brake will engauge from time to time if you make a really tight turn and when you are backing up.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Just move the van over the trailer wheels to lighten up the tongue weight. I don't particularly care for surge brakes but you'll do fine. You'll probably be in the 10 to 13 MPG HWY because although you're in the 6 to 7k LBS, you're not pulling a tall trailer so wind won't be a real factor. Have a great safe trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts