Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

In the search of buying some plugs I came across Pulstar Plugs has anyone heard of them or even used them? To what they claim sounds pretty good, but $25.00 ea one has to really think about it.

Thanks

can't post the link yet but try "pulstarplug.com"

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Some guys have tried them in other cars as Pulstar had another plug gismo earlier that was similar in how it works. Most reported on the net different forums that not much was had by the plugs. However that was if they replied back to threads in which they were posted.

I actually emailed them several months ago and they said that their plugs burner quicker and that if you had increased your timing over stock that you would have to retard the timing. Essentially the plugs give you advance timing due to their quicker burn.

If you want to try them and report back go for it. The VK56 can take some timing advance and it loves it for performance. Think of it this way if you get the plugs you do not have to do the +2 timing advance.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
How fast does electricity travel?

·
Registered
341 Posts
TitanBlue said:
How fast does electricity travel?

Fast enough such that any difference these plugs could make in that respect is negligible.

My question is how do these plugs work with ignition systems that already use coil-on-plug and wasted-spark setups? Feh...if old-fashioned copper plugs are good enough for 1000+ hp true street cars I think I'll stick with them in my truck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
9 times out of 10 the cheapest Auto-zone plugs will work fine. I run Champion plugs on my SRT, and it is boosting ~25 psi. All you have to do is shorten the gap, and thats if you supercharge or heavily mod your Titan. Otherwise the stock gap should be fine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I agree. The stock plug/gap should suit you fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
PT BARNUM. How is it that people are always looking for the miracle oil, spark plug, what gas do I use...

Irirdium plugs are the best, because they last at least 100,000 miles. However, a new set of cheap ones provide just as much spark, they just have to be replaced more often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts