Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to buy - Hi all, First post and really looking for opinions in the 2010 Nissan CC Pro 4x. I saw one with a little under 13k miles, Westin step rails, a 3 folder vinyl framed tonneau and some kind of tail gate party bench that folds out from the tailgate (not what I would use). No nav, sun roof or leather, all of which I could live without. Its sitting on an upscale foreign new car dealership for 29K and change. I'm not so sure this is a great deal, but would like to here from your experience. As well, I know this truck is probably the worst of the bunch for fuel economy, but what about everything else (reliability, comfort, handling, etc.)? I would only occasionally tow, rarely have/make the opportunity to use 4wd and use it for some commuting and trips. I do like the options the Pro has which is why I ask. What is the best economy anyone has seen or heard of for highway trips? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you're looking for mpg's, sorry to disappoint you. The best I've gotten on the hwy is about 16.5, but you can look at my sig to see what's been done to it. However, the comfort makes up for that in my opinion. Mine is an 04 with 129K miles on it and I still love it today. I have 2 small kids and there is a lot of room for my family to go where ever we want. You won't regret getting it. The price, not sure on that one or not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a 2010 CC Pro-4x with about 3200 miles on it. If you don't think you want to buy it, don't test drive it, otherwise you will be driving it home!!!
MPG's- I've averaged right around 15 mixed driving. I haven't had the chance to take it on a long trip, so that is from 2-30 mile trips.
Price- that is not a very good price. I purchased mine brand new 3 months ago and paid about that and I also have the premium utility and luxury packages.
Comfort- excellent, back seat has a ton of room.
Handling- so far so good, except for the annoying clunk when taking on speed bumps!
Reliability- from what I gathered from this site before I purchased mine, 2008 and newer are more reliable as common problems (rear diff, brakes, manifolds, etc.) were fixed.

I realize I'm still a newbie around here, but so far I couldn't be happier with my T.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Here's my advice in a nutshell.

If you are worried about gas mileage this is not the truck for you.
If you don't need 4X4 I wouldn't get it. It's just more things to break and the mileage is even worse.
No nav, sunroof, or leather probably means you are looking at an SE. 29K seems kind of high. Offer 25.
As far as reliability, comfort, handling, etc., the Titan is as good as or better than anything else out there.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Oh and by the way, COcamper is correct. Head his warning. If you test drive it you will take it home.

Reactions: COcamper

·
Registered
177 Posts
My lease was up on my Xterra last summer and I knew I wanted to upgrade to a truck. I looked at the F-150, which I drive for work, and also GMC. After I drove the Titan my mind was made up. I love my 2010 SE CC. It has everything I wanted. Fuel economy isn't the best, around 14.5 mixed, but if you buy a big truck, expect big fuel bills. I would definitely negotiate on the price, seems way high, try 23k-25k to start and work from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure what deals they are offering now, but I would check the price on a new one. I got my new 2010 (not ProX) CC for about that price. You might be looking at just a couple of 1000 difference between that one and a new one-- and I do love the Titan.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The PRO-4X is a great model. The interior differences alone are what sold me on mine. If you're looking at this truck because you need a full size truck, it's the one. If you don't tow, or need something that big, I'd look elsewhere....possibly a 1/4 ton truck? You won't get good mileage regardless of what you do....it's just the price you pay for power and size.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again, Thanks for the quick responses! You make a good point, I didn't realize great deals could be had on new Titans. If that is something that can be done without hours/days of negotiating and a good deal on my trade, I'll go that route. I realize a sacrifice will be made on the gas, I guess I was hoping to hear 19-ish on the highway, but I can deal with 16-17. While I won't tow but once in a blue moon, I like that option and want a truck that can tow a fair amount of weight. Yea, I don't really need 4wd, but as I said, the appointments on the Pro 4x are pretty sweet. I'm down in Texas and see some Titans, but they are almost always SE's, very few LE's and 4wd once in a while. I honestly haven't seen a Pro 4x yet (but I know they're out there). The big three are everywhere as well as Tundra's. Well, you saved me a long drive tomorrow. I'll pass on that one and try to see what my nearest dealer can do on an ordered/located truck. But now there are new trim levels for '11 and I have to learn this stuff all over again! I've been around too long to want to go thru the games they play. I just want a straight up good deal, fair to everybody. Thanks again, hope to talk again soon.

·
Premium Member
44,879 Posts
I'll pass on that one and try to see what my nearest dealer can do on an ordered/located truck. .
You are better to locate a titan you want, drive there and negotiate, the sales are slow due to the fuel prices now and they want to get it off their inventory. A dealer who locates it has no skin in the game.

Dont know if it is still going on but Nissan was offering $4500 cash back on the Pro here in the NorthEast, there are internet car sale sites thay work on volume, i've never used one but i ghear they give you a pretty good price.

I just picked up an 08 SE 4x4 with 17k for 21,500, from a nissan dealer, it is certifed preowned so the drive train is warranted for a total of 7 years or 100k miles and nissan finance gave me 1.9 for 48 months. They wanted 24k

happy hunting

·
Registered
519 Posts
29k seems pretty steep for an SE carmax has a few brand new 2011 pro-4x's for 27k and they are loaded.

·
Registered
253 Posts
One thing to look for is if you are wanting to be able to tow the max weight the titan can handle, make sure the truck you get has the 3.36 gears. All Pro 4's have them but iif you get outside of those i think its called the utility package. Just make sure you verify this as a lot of dealers dont know there shicht so they will see a hitch and assume it has everything else, which is not all ways true. So if you want it just make sure your getting the right gears.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's been said but I'll say it again, Do not test drive this truck unless you're sure its something you really are thinking about buying because it will be going home with you. I went into nissan to test drive a frontier. Found it to be to small for me(have had nothing but F-150's) Asked about the titan, did a 10minute test drive and all of a sudden its in my driveway. CRAP!! I went in to save money and down grade and instead i upgraded lol. I have a 2011 Pro-4x and they took 11K off of the price. So yeah man you can get a better deal on a new titan. If you get any other model than the Pro-4x you'll get 0% financing for 60months, if you get the Pro-4x it's currently 5.94 for 72months which is what i ended up getting. My own comparison between my 2007 F-150 and the Titan are as followed

Comfort(interior seating and room) - Titan wins hands down.
Interior - Very clean and not cluttered looking in the titan compared to my F-150
Ride - FX4 on F-150 and Pro-4x on titan. Titan to me rides like a car compared to my rough suspension on the F-150
Reliability - Unsure of as of yet. This is my first non Ford vehicle and i've never had an ounce of troubles with any of my fords. Only 1300 on my titan so far hopefully she'll treat me right since i'll be taking real good care of it.
Power - Titan hands down, has a hell of a lot of get up and go for a full size truck.
Gas Mileage - I'm getting anywhere between 13.5 and 16.5MPG mixed driving, Some hard accelerations and then when on the highway i put cruise on. About the same as my other pickup was.

I compared the Titan to my F-150 just so you have an idea of how much I really like this truck, Coming from owning 4 Ford F-150's I'm really happy with the interior and ride quality of this truck. Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the continued input. I went looking at some trucks the last couple of days. I had a Dodge a couple of years ago and as it never gave me any trouble, I looked at something comparable trim wise to the pro 4x and LE /SL. They are nice but even my wife noticed the difference in fit/finish materials quality compared to the Titan. As I realize and some posters have pointed out, the rarity I will need/use 4wd, a Pro 4x is probably overkill. So I went to a dealer today and looked at the SL model and came away really impressed. I also made the BIG mistake of taking a short drive. NICE! The dealer didn't seem really interested in offering on his own anything other than the $3500 rebate. I guess I'll need to go in with an offer and start from there.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Try this link sultana. It's Clark Howard's new car buying advice. There are links to sites that will give you actual invoice costs and places that will give you online price quotes and it's all free. Clark's car buying tips | www.clarkhoward.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts