Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backed into something today and bent up the bumper on the drivers side. It doesn't even have a dent in it but it did push it into the body. I think the bumper could actually be pulled out, but you know the body shop. If anything is wrong with it you have to replace the whole thing. They want $600 for a new bumper and $150 to cover materials for the body work and over $900 for labor.

I am trying to find a used chrome bumper with park assist. If anyone has one or knows where I might find one I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to be heading to Florida in a few weeks from Kentucky so traveling a little ways would not be a problem.

( I know pretty stupid to back into something when you have park assist. It has just been one of those weeks.)

Has anyone had any experience trying to straighten a chrome bumper out? Does it chip and flake like the body shop says?

Like I said, ANY HELP would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If you can live with the dent in the bumper you can probably pull it out yourself. The bumper's not terribly sturdy on these vehicles. Put it in park, put the parking brake on, maybe chock the wheels, and pull on that side of the bumper as hard as you can, and if you're in any kind of reasonable health I bet you pull it out away from the body. I've done it myself so I know it can be done. Yes, the bumper will still be dented, but at least it won't be mashed into the body, and the curve of the bumper hides most of any damage that might have been done - you can hide anything small with some touch up paint.

And if you can't live with the dent in the bumper, put a replacement on yourself. This is an easy job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
My non chrome bumper is very sturdy :D Barely a scratch on it and 2K+ damage on the 2000 Pontiac that it ran into.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to Titantalk! Glad to see another Kentucky member, especially a Wildcat fan.

Where in Ky are you and where in Florida are you headed?

If it makes you feel any better, I have a similar situation with my bumper. Mine's on the passenger side. I have been looking for a reasonably priced aftermarket sub for the factory bumper before repairing mine. Too easy to bend these bumpers. Other members have come back to their truck and found damage from another car bumping into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts