Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the headers put on today. Really happy with the outcome, but its way to loud now. I've got to switch from my dynamx to either flows or magna flow still debating on which to go with. I'd apprecitae yalls opinion .

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
JBA's barely changed the sound of my exhaust.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ya alot im real happy with them alot more top end after the install. But the shop that I had do the install was not very happy. The dude said it took about 7-8 hours but the money was well worth spent because I know I sure didnt want to do it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont get me wrong the sound is awsome, alot meaner its just to loud for me personally.

·
Registered
952 Posts
LpLove said:
Dont get me wrong the sound is awsome, alot meaner its just to loud for me personally.
How much was the install? I'm waiting to get mine installed right now.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
your in luck, this is what i'm doing with my truck and you can obviously copy it if you want max/hp/tq get the jba evol catback which is a pretty tame exhaust and has 2.25" before the y pipe and 3" after the y pipe.. get some hi flow cats like the dynatech powercats installed into 2.25" b-pipes after the header manifold and the cats will dampen the sound tremendously, if your still unhappy with the sound then you can add a single 18-22" resonator after the axle and it will dampen the sound even more..

just noticed ur in tx, go get that rig tuned from uprev then you will truly see the power from the stillens, lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been considering that exhuast set up but just not sure 100% of what im going to do but with the uprev tunning im going the other route and waiting for stillens "programmer" . Also say if I do end up going with flowmasters for the time being what sorta of set-up shoud I run with it?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
LpLove said:
I've been considering that exhuast set up but just not sure 100% of what im going to do but with the uprev tunning im going the other route and waiting for stillens "programmer" . Also say if I do end up going with flowmasters for the time being what sorta of set-up shoud I run with it?
Do like the 07 and 08 exhaust. Get rid of the y pipe and put a 2 1/2" dual in and 3" single out piping with a 50 series delta flow flowmaster. That will lower your tone down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the 07 Dual-in Single-out but.....

If you noticed that Magnaflow did not make a Full Cat-Back, because there was no change in performance. As for Zoomers they said they did a dyno with the 07 true Duals an it also didn't show any signs of improvements so they stuck with the Single-in Single-out.

My personal experience is only with Zoomers on 2x4 CC 07, There is alot of low end hp/tq. "NO DRONE"

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hey LpLove - show the installer some love bro and get him a steak dinner. $150 is insane cheap for that job..EVEN AT $250. Glad you got the headers on. Some of us are going to HRP Friday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey RB how's it going? Ill try and make it out there friday if I dont have to go out of town for work. I was acctually going to send you a pm to see if you would'nt mind setting my timing back for stillen's new mod bite.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
LpLove said:
Hey RB how's it going? Ill try and make it out there friday if I dont have to go out of town for work. I was acctually going to send you a pm to see if you would'nt mind setting my timing back for stillen's new mod bite.

Thanks,
Justin
It'll be good to see ya out there. -2 Sure can....I'd love to run ya when you get it on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know ill get my butt handed too me I sure hope nothing is wrong or its just me but I feel as if I have the slowiest titan of all, maybe you could give it a test drive, if I can make it out tomorrow and c what you think.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
LpLove said:
I know ill get my butt handed too me I sure hope nothing is wrong or its just me but I feel as if I have the slowiest titan of all, maybe you could give it a test drive, if I can make it out tomorrow and c what you think.

Thanks,
Justin
Justin I know how you feel. After my install of the headers I got in and drove it and I thought it felt slower than just hours before and it was. It sounded fast as heck though. I'll hook up the laptop and we'll data long your runs. We'll be able to read AFR then as well. Give the truck some time to learn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im running the magnaflow duel in and out with built in x pipe... dude this setup is a performance exhaust... crazy power... i will be getting my stillen longtube and vkpro very soon... ill post how it sounds

1 - 20 of 36 Posts