Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a thread that it was impossible to mount a light strip under the tailgates of 2nd Gen Titans. I did some research and decided to give the Putco Switchblade a shot and it fit perfectly. One thing to be careful of is to mount it as low as you can below the tailgate to have proper clearance when the tailgate is down. The Putco comes with mounting clips that hold it away far enough to cross the spare tire hole/ plate, and can easily be unclipped to access the hole. Total install was about 45 mins, and it looks great and I didn't have to tap into any factory wiring. I used the Curt USCAR replacement connector and soldered the reverse wire to the center wire on the 7 pin on that connector. 2 seconds and it can be back to a factory set-up. All purchased through Amazon for $200.

Putco #92009-60
Curt Connector #55384

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently saw a thread that it was impossible to mount a light strip under the tailgates of 2nd Gen Titans. I did some research and decided to give the Putco Switchblade a shot and it fit perfectly. One thing to be careful of is to mount it as low as you can below the tailgate to have proper clearance when the tailgate is down. The Putco comes with mounting clips that hold it away far enough to cross the spare tire hole/ plate, and can easily be unclipped to access the hole. Total install was about 45 mins, and it looks great and I didn't have to tap into any factory wiring. I used the Curt USCAR replacement connector and soldered the reverse wire to the center wire on the 7 pin on that connector. 2 seconds and it can be back to a factory set-up. All purchased through Amazon for $200.

Putco #92009-60

Curt Connector #55384

Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
How is the light holding up? Any LEDs out? Looks great, and glad to see you can still get the rear tire access.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Putco #92009-60
Curt Connector #55384
How is it holding up?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
18 month update. I have had zero problems with this light bar. All LEDs are working and bright. Living in Colorado, we see our share of extreme weather, and this light bar has held up perfect. I would recommend this to everyone that wants to increase rear visibility and have a unique look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
18 month update. I have had zero problems with this light bar. All LEDs are working and bright. Living in Colorado, we see our share of extreme weather, and this light bar has held up perfect. I would recommend this to everyone that wants to increase rear visibility and have a unique look.
Thanks for the update. Gonna pull the trigger on this...

·
Registered
63 Posts
So the Putco LED strip plugged into the flat 4 pin from the Curt Connector, and the only other wiring was tapping into the reverse center wire of the Curt 7 pin connector. Correct? No tapping into the tail lamps?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the Putco LED strip plugged into the flat 4 pin from the Curt Connector, and the only other wiring was tapping into the reverse center wire of the Curt 7 pin connector. Correct? No tapping into the tail lamps?
Correct

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Was actually thinking of getting the Curt 5-flat t-harness and doing a little cutting/rewiring on the Putco, to get an all-in-one plug in with zero splicing. Not sure the Putco will work that way as it appears to be a round cable not separate wires on the 4-flat. There are a couple of other well-reviewed options I may consider which could be wired like I'd like, though.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts