Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a class IV hitch from the nissan dealer for about $209.xx plus tax and the parts guy asked if i would like a mechanic to put it on for me. i refused after how long he told me it was going to take (2 hours) and how much labor it would cost ($170.xx) long story short, im having trouble tightening the bolts all the way up. it seems as if 3 of them stop halfway and wont go any further. and no its not being bolted crooked.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I wonder if the thread pitch is incorrect on the bolts. that would thread a little, then bind up.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Pull of the hitch and all the bolts, check them to insure they are all the same. If they are, go back and install them(w/o the hitch) one by one. They should go in by hand, and once they are started might need a LITTLE help w/ a socket.
If they won't start or need more help then above...STOP!
If you cross-thread these threads you are screwed(no pun meant) The threads in the frame are in there, you can't just replace them.
You may run a metric tap in the frame threads, but you need to have somebody w/ mechanic skills on board right about now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts