Registered
331 Posts
This?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This?

Yes. Just wondering if anyone has installed one on their Titan and has an independent review.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got mine installed the other day. I go the Intel version with Android 10 6GB Ram and 128GB storage.

I have a 2018 S model truck.

The good:
So far it is working great and I think it looks good as well. Sounds great in my opinion though I am not an audiophile. I'm still playing with it to figure out everything that I and it can do.

Current look. Not at all stock out of the box. Like I said I'm playing. :)
Computer Communication Device Gadget Personal computer Portable communications device

The bad:
Figuring out the wiring took a little because there are no instructions at all. You do get a trouble shooting page but nothing else. The biggest issue I had was some error codes that showed up as I did not hook up the OBS wiring like I needed to originally. This part only seems to affect manual AC, non-navigation versions of the truck though. After figuring out the wiring the installation was pretty painless.

The annoying:
One other thing and I haven't seen anyone mention and it might just be me, is that the heat/ac settings are not staying in between starts. Not killer but it will interfere with the remote start I'm getting.

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,026 Posts
Impressive display, but if these are running Android 9 or 10, they are 2 to 3 versions behind the current Android 12. That's a lot of money to spend on something that's running an OS that is already 4 years out of date.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Impressive display, but if these are running Android 9 or 10, they are 2 to 3 versions behind the current Android 12. That's a lot of money to spend on something that's running an OS that is already 4 years out of date.
It is and normally I'm big on staying up to date on the OS (this is Android 10). With this, I'm not as worried about it right now. It might come back to bite me later but I'm thinking it won't be a really big issue. Besides, how often do the "big name" brands actually do OS updates on their radios? I owned my Kenwood for several years and they never pushed an update for it. Did it actually change in the new radios or did they just add features?

I honestly don't know the answer and it could be they do it every year but....

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,026 Posts
I wish you luck with it! My own experience with an Android head unit was, sadly, not good. Hopefully, Phoenix makes better equipment and isn't just rebranding the cheap Chinese stuff that others sell under numerous different names.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So tempting. I did a pioneer 6.8” in mine but the screen is soooo small compared to the 2021 Titan I just had as a loaner. Trying not to let it bother me but that screen just looks so…. 2022.

·
Registered
2018 Titan XD SV Midnight
12 Posts
How long after ordering did it take for you to receive your unit from Phoenix Automotive?

I "pre-ordered" in December, noticed their site says it's in stock, but I'm still waiting...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
did you get your order yet?
Not yet. Just got another update saying another 3-4 weeks due to parts shortages. Pisses me off since I already paid for it on the CC, but for the money it seems like a nice unit when I compare that to the head units available on Crutchfield for the same money. This one has a very finished look once it's installed. So I'll be patient.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know how you feel; I've come close to cancelling my order so many times, but this just looks like the most complete package between wiring harnesses and fit/finish.

The stock HU pisses me off everytime I get in.

·
Registered
2018 Titan XD
40 Posts
Not yet. Just got another update saying another 3-4 weeks due to parts shortages. Pisses me off since I already paid for it on the CC, but for the money it seems like a nice unit when I compare that to the head units available on Crutchfield for the same money. This one has a very finished look once it's installed. So I'll be patient.
i just got the same answer 3-4 weeks instead of the normal 1-2 weeks. I ordered mine first of FEB
Did you get the discount?
Rectangle Font Art Circle Handwriting

·
Registered
12 Posts
Progress...I was considering cancelling my order and getting the used one listed for sale on here, but just got a tracking number this morning. It shows that it's still in China currently, but there is movement!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts