Bye Bye Titan...

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number
Reactions: Shinobu Sensui
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,586 Posts
after the current generation? that could be 2028 so we might still get some years since the first gen ran so long

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, that's just nuts! Here's what I don't understand... The new Frontier is selling well and getting all sorts of praise from press, YouTube, etc. I agree, it's a great truck. I love the new Frontier. If I didn't need a full size truck, I would absolutely be driving the new Frontier. However, the new Frontier is a mini-Titan in many respects. There are many similarities: looks, fit & finish, interior, suspension, transmission, etc. Why so much love for the Frontier and, at the same time, almost zero interest in its very similar big brother? I've always been a Toyota fan, so I'm not knocking Toyota. But I don't know why one would choose the new Tundra over the current Titan, unless you absolutely needed the extra HP. What are you going to do with those extra HP on a half ton truck? The Titan's towing numbers are low but, in all reality, if you're towing more than 8K or 9K max, you need an HD truck. Titan is still best bang for the buck. Am I missing something about the Titan? Is Nissan's marketing department just that terrible? Is it something else? Price aside, in the half-ton segment, I can't think of a truck I'd rather own than my '21 P4X. I've said it before but I only have a few small complaints: backup camera resolution, gas tank is too small (needs 31-36 gallon tank!), aftermarket support isn't great. All of this equals poor resale. But I'm gonna hang on to this one for a while. In fact, I just ordered some Black Rhino Armory wheels and 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires : ) I've never liked something enough to buy aftermarket wheels. From a financial standpoint this will be the best and worst buy in my adult life, lol. Worst because I'll take a huge hit if I sell it. Best because I won't sell it due to taking a huge hit, and will be "forced" to drive something for more than 12 to 18 months. Just rambling now...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Whatever, I got a fully loaded P4X for $55k from MSRP of $62k.

There is no truck that has a V8 in which you can get all the same features the P4X has for even close to that price

A similarly optioned F150 would be $65k ++ if you are lucky
In this market, that's a great deal. I bought mine in December. I had to drive from SLC to Boise to get $4K (or $5K, can't remember now) off MSRP of $62K and change.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro 4X, 2005 Pathfinder
212 Posts
Most of this forum has been trying to figure out why the titan doesn’t sell for quite some time. I believe Nissan doesn’t push it through advertising. Look at their “Heisman house “ ads where they have former Heisman winners driving around frontiers, not Titans. I can’t say with 100% certainty, but when it is officially announced that the titan is done, I may try to get one of the final model year. That or maybe toyota gets things right with the tundra…

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just got a notice from the dealer i bought my titan in '21.... it reads something like.. bing your titan, "UPGRADE" it to a '23 model, get $500 and drive off with $0 out of pocket....
So as far as i know there are ZERO , NONE, not A SINGLE difference between the '21 and '23....?? So my response to the dealer was :... "I will save you all the admin, effort, up and down, negotiation.... i'll keep my '21 and just send me the $500....."

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
just took my 19 in for transmission service and spoke to a salesman, he said he can't even order a 2023 Titan, is it speculation or the truth? Guess we'll wait and find out.
If the salesman’s lips were moving he is lying.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
908 Posts
just took my 19 in for transmission service and spoke to a salesman, he said he can't even order a 2023 Titan, is it speculation or the truth? Guess we'll wait and find out.
Dealership by me has ATLEAST 10-12 23’ Titans. Mostly PRs and P4x’s. What I was told is 24/25 they will be done.

·
Registered
182 Posts
As I recall, 2022s didn't come out around last Jan/Feb, so the number for 2022 is low. I was trying to get my 2022 last spring. Just checked that 2023s already are parking on local dealerships. Maybe I could trade in my 2022 for a new 2023, that helps the next year number. Well, I am good with my truck.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts