Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been ask to create a write-up on the QI charger that I mounted in the center console so i how you all like this and are able to improve on this as I did this in less than an hour while my wife was cooking dinner.

1) Remove the console lid by the three screws at the hinge. image 1

2) This step takes some finesse. you need to separate the top and bottom of the lid. They are glued together, I use a small flat head screw driver to pry around the edge. The white lines in image 2 are all the glue points.

3) I used a cheap QI charger to do this one. Place disk were you want it in the top of the lid. Use your phone to find the best location for you. Image 3

4) Draw or trace around the charging disk as you need to recess into the lid so your mat will sit flat.

5) I used a Dremel pencil grinder with an up-cut spiral bit to carve out material with going all the way thru. sorry no image of that.

6) Once recessed enough cut a hole in the center to slide the controller thru.

7) Slice a hole from the hole to just beyond the outer edge as to allow the charging wires to go thru without raising the charging disk. Image 2

8) Slide the charging controller from top to bottom. Image 2

9) I just used hot glue to secure the disk on the top. Image 3

10) Secure the controller on the bottom side so it doesn't rattle going down the road. be sure that you don't place the controller in any spot that would prevent the bottom from being glued back on to the top.

NOTE
>Most QI Chargers can only work if the receiver is 5mm or less from the Charger. so some phone cases may prevent charging.

11) Place your mat back on the top.

NOTE
> It is important to test prior to re-assembling as some USB cables do not work with the chargers.

12) Connect a QI cable and test.

NOTE
> The next step is up to you if you want to use a USB cable or voltage regulator. if you use a regulator insure it meet the need most are 5V 2A.

13) Figure out how you want to route the USB cable thru the bottom. due to time constraints i noticed a gap between the two pieces going into what i assume is a business card holder. Image 4

14) Use a high strength plastic Epoxy to secure to two haves back together. once the epoxy is mixed places it on all the white marks or old glue points. Image 2

15) Put the two haves back together and use some clamps to to hold the two pieces together while the epoxy is drying.

16) Install the re-assembled lid back on the console.

NOTE
> If you don't have a USB cable port in the console you may want to add one, or go with a voltage regulator.

17) Plug in USB cable.

NOTE
> Please remember the the USB port in the console is connected to the radio so it must be on.

18) Close lid and place phone centered on top of charging disk. Image 5

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Very cool.. Thumbs up for the turbo2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts