Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rounding out the first few days my new '15 Pro4x, have a couple questions for the experienced owners on here:

1) Is it normal to feel a little engine vibration through the pedals?

2) Is it normal to have a very slightly rough idle while at a light, before the engine is fully up to temp?

3) Noticed while inspecting the undercarriage that there is some surface rust on the tube/flange yolk area of the drive shaft, is this normal...for a truck that just rolled off the lot?

Note: I am coming from a Infiniti JX35 (now QX60) and I am well aware that the ride is different in a truck. It's also my first pickup so I am still acclimating. :)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Drive it at least a week first. It might smooth out.

Surface rust on that sounds normal.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
All normal.

Also as you drive it a bit more, you may start to notice a slight "push" feel as you come to a stop. Happens more if you come to a smooth slightly fast stop (but not screeching fast) from about 40mph. Feels kreepy, but it's fine. It's the torque converter is all.

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Registered
407 Posts
All normal.

Also as you drive it a bit more, you may start to notice a slight "push" feel as you come to a stop. Happens more if you come to a smooth slightly fast stop (but not screeching fast) from about 40mph. Feels kreepy, but it's fine. It's the torque converter is all.
Push?? They should engine break and have a bit of a dragging feeling. That's what my 07 does.

To add to my earlier post, it will probably always be a little bit rougher during cold starts. That's normal for all vehicles.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It's a slight push "feel" once your stopped is what I mean. It's the torque converter is my understanding. Odd feeling, but perfectly normal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Push?? They should engine break and have a bit of a dragging feeling. That's what my 07 does.

To add to my earlier post, it will probably always be a little bit rougher during cold starts. That's normal for all vehicles.
You only have engine braking up to the point that the engine and drive train reach the same speed, then once the vehicle speed drops below the engine speed the engine will start to push instead of brake until the torque converter releases....make sense?

·
Registered
407 Posts
You only have engine braking up to the point that the engine and drive train reach the same speed, then once the vehicle speed drops below the engine speed the engine will start to push instead of brake until the torque converter releases....make sense?
Ya it makes sense, I just don't notice it. I've only experienced that in cars that the idle was too high.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Rounding out the first few days my new '15 Pro4x, have a couple questions for the experienced owners on here:

1) Is it normal to feel a little engine vibration through the pedals?

2) Is it normal to have a very slightly rough idle while at a light, before the engine is fully up to temp?

3) Noticed while inspecting the undercarriage that there is some surface rust on the tube/flange yolk area of the drive shaft, is this normal...for a truck that just rolled off the lot?

Note: I am coming from a Infiniti JX35 (now QX60) and I am well aware that the ride is different in a truck. It's also my first pickup so I am still acclimating. :)

Thanks all!
Everything you mentioned is normal. I had to take my Titan in for some issues when I first got it. Not exactly the same as your Infiniti but very similar, I had a 14 Murano loaner, and it was SO smooth in every way in comparison to the Titan. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the Titan feels, but after putting a couple of hundred miles on the Murano It took some getting used to the Titan again. Idle quality, and ride quality were worlds apart from the Titan. I expect the ride to be since it's a car platform.

The Titan idle is somewhat rough in cooler temps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts