Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 pro-4x CC that I bought brand new with 0 miles..... when I start my truck it has a nice rumble as if I had aftermarket exhaust. A buddy of mine has a 2008 LE or SE not sure which one but his doesn't sound like mine on start up. I didn't really think anything of it... Until over the weekend a complete stranger walked up to me as I parked and asked what kind of exhaust I have on my T..... I said stock and he didn't believe me saying he has stock exhaust on his T and his doesn't sound anything like that....

My question I guess is.... Does the Pro-4x have a different exhaust system on it? if not can anyone explain why I have what sounds like an aftermarket exhaust rumble? thanks in advance....

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just purchased a 2011 Pro4X, and it has a nice rumble also. I say, enjoy it. Might be a different muffler for the Pro4X to handle off road stuff?

Either way, enjoy it. I think it sounds totally tits.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i tinnk 2010 they freed up the muffler a little my dads 2010 le rumbles good back when I had my MBRP on it was hard to tell whether he was startin mine or his up in the morning when he parks it outside for the winter..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2010 Pro-4X CC as well. Bought it new and it does rumble more than my buddies 2010 SE KC. Makes him jealous at the sound without the aftermarket exhaust!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I really doubt Nissan uses a different muffler for the Pro4x. Maybe it sounds different due to the height of the vehicle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a brand new 2011 Pro4-X CC and yesterday I replaced the stock exhaust with a Flowmaster Super 50. It significantly increased the rumble over the stock exhaust but it isn't what I would call 'loud' at all. I also believe I saw a 100-150 rpm decrease as well at 60mph.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the pipe might be a slight larger in diameter...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all of the responses and input... I definitely love the sound either way.. :) And I'm sure I'm going to love the sound more because I am ordering my injen intake as I type :eyebrow:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have a brand new 2011 Pro4-X CC and yesterday I replaced the stock exhaust with a Flowmaster Super 50. It significantly increased the rumble over the stock exhaust but it isn't what I would call 'loud' at all. I also believe I saw a 100-150 rpm decrease as well at 60mph.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can guarantee you did not have a change in RPMs at the same speed. The only thing that will change that is a change in the gears or a different diameter tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can guarantee you did not have a change in RPMs at the same speed. The only thing that will change that is a change in the gears or a different diameter tire.
Oh I don't think you are being rude. I questioned what I thought I saw myself.

Funny thing is I asked someone at work who knows a lot about cars and trucks and he said it is definitely possible. I don't really care either way but what I am interested in is mpg.

Do you think I will see increased mpg from a less restrictive muffler?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not likely by itself. With an intake, higher flow muffler, and a tune of some kind, then yes you may see a difference. But then again, adding all that stuff makes the truck more fun so the needle may go the opposite way :teethmast

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not likely by itself. With an intake, higher flow muffler, and a tune of some kind, then yes you may see a difference. But then again, adding all that stuff makes the truck more fun so the needle may go the opposite way :teethmast
Tell me about it!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Oh I don't think you are being rude. I questioned what I thought I saw myself.

Funny thing is I asked someone at work who knows a lot about cars and trucks and he said it is definitely possible. I don't really care either way but what I am interested in is mpg.

I had an 07 SE with an AEM Brute Force and Magnaflow and I saw a little better MPG. It would get 15/16. I put the same intake and muffler on my 2011 Pro4x and didn't seem to help so far that is given its still being broken in. I only get 12/13 on the Pro4.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had an 07 SE with an AEM Brute Force and Magnaflow and I saw a little better MPG. It would get 15/16. I put the same intake and muffler on my 2011 Pro4x and didn't seem to help so far that is given its still being broken in. I only get 12/13 on the Pro4.
Well I am only getting 10-12 mpg right now if I am lucky. So I need help!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts