Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own Hifonics back when I was younger and they kicked butt. I was wondering if they are still quality amps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Gankak said:
I used to own Hifonics back when I was younger and they kicked butt. I was wondering if they are still quality amps.
For the price they are OK, however they are not what you remember. They have since been bought out and the quality is not what it used to be. Like I said, they arent the worst out there... but there are much better brands now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
^^^^I agree. That's why I still have my 14+year old Autotek. I'm not much on today's market, but there is a guy...... TECH12VOLT.... and being a fellow installer, I can tell you that this guy knows his stuff. Check him ^^^^^^^^^ out. Private Message him and he will respond.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
TECH12, is an awesome guy... he is honest and does whatever he can to be sure that his customers are happy.

If you are looking for new amps that are great quality at a reasonable price check out Sundown. Tech sells them and a lot of people really like them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
ARC Audio, DLS A series, Sundown looks nice too. Thats what I would look into getting right now because you can find good deals on them and theya re quality pieces. There are alot of others that are excelent as well), however I'm looking into the Alpine PDX amps because of their compact size and I can fit 2 PDX 1000's easily behind the rear seat in a KC, but you don't have that issue :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
I'm looking into the Alpine PDX amps because of their compact size and I can fit 2 PDX 1000's easily behind the rear seat in a KC, but you don't have that issue :p
I hope you have a lot of room for air space because those bad boys get HOT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
The PDX have some bugs Alpine needs to work out. The 1000D will out them to shame as well.
Isnt it larger though? I will barley be abe to fit the PDX's I would imagine. My friends only gets warm but I have heard they get hot, which is not a good sign of efficiency ;) But space IS at a premium in the KC. And I doubt I would fit 2 1000D's with an amprack made of 1/2 inch MDF. and stuff already mounted behind the seat on the drivers side. And a Ham Radio mounted towards the middle lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
I have a Hifonics 1000 watt class d laying around if anyones interested:idea:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Isnt it larger though? I will barley be abe to fit the PDX's I would imagine. My friends only gets warm but I have heard they get hot, which is not a good sign of efficiency ;) But space IS at a premium in the KC. And I doubt I would fit 2 1000D's with an amprack made of 1/2 inch MDF. and stuff already mounted behind the seat on the drivers side. And a Ham Radio mounted towards the middle lol.
The 1000D is small.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top