Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has an 08 titan xe. i just bought a 2010 pro4x. i was looking at the front of his truck and noticed that down low in the grill he has an electric cooling fan. my truck does NOT have it. what exactly is this fan for? i was thinking it was a transmission cooler fan, but why wouldn't mine have it? his did not come with a towing package whatsoever, so i don't believe it's part of the "big tow" package i hear about.

any input?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It must be aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
the electric fan is an AC condensor fan. all of the older trucks have it including my 06. It is not "aftermarket". I think nissan quit putting them on the newwer trucks, but i do not know the reason why.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's on my 05 LE as well.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
i wondering the same thing, my 09 doesn't have it.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
They stopped putting them on the trucks after the 08 model year. Not sure why though.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
They didn't have problems with it, they did have 1 recall on it but it was only because of exposed wiring that could be affected by the elements.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
So can we take it off? It looks cheezy and now that they covered the wiring with some type of aluminum tape it sounds even cheaper when it comes on.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
My 04 had it and my 08 has the fan. I'll take all the extra cooling I can get, but it was probably nothing more than a money saving deletion. I'm sure the belt driven fan is more than adequate but I like having that extra airflow.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
That's what I wondering too. Since the electric fan in front of the radiator was eliminated, Nissan must have changed the thermostatic spring mechanism on the engine driven fan clutch mechanism to make up for the difference.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2006 has the cooling fan, however it never turned on. I found the recall that was done that called for the installation of a Maxi Fuse. Looking further, I found the connector was assembled incorrectly, so no power was ever getting to the cooling fan relay. A quick fix, and the fan now comes on as documented.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
That extra fan will - usually - come on when the A/C pump is active and it will also com on when the engine coolant exceeds 212 degrees. There were some fans that were connected backwards such that the fan was trying to suck air back through the A/C condenser and radiator. Nissan had a program to fix those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts