Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got an '04 Titan. The stock exhaust has been replaced with a cheapie aftermarket, and I'd like to replace it (when the weather gets nicer).

Will a take-off exhaust from any similar Titan (KC short bed) work? Or were there changes in the exhaust during any of the model years? I've noticed some of the aftermarket systems only fit a subset of model year ranges, like Corsa has one for '04-06 and a different system for '07-08.

Anything I need to be aware of?

Also, is the stocker some kind of stainless? Or is it sort of a waste to get a used one because they corrode?

Here's her truck, you can see the wimpy exhaust tip:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Good looking truck. I think that wimpy tip is actually what came on all pre 07 titans. The exhaust is the same from 04-06 than in 07, it changed. 04-06 used a Y pipe after the cats and the 07+ used dual pipes from the cats down to the muffler.
I'm pretty sure both will work.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
thats what i though also but didnt want to give any wrong info.
I sold my 08 stock exhaust to someone with like an 06? No problems at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, so it sounds like if it's from the cats back it won't matter.

I'm also pretty sure it's not factory, though factory may be similarly lame looking. The pipe has those cheap rippled bends in it. I wouldn't think that was from the factory? Though I don't know a lot about Nissan products, I have mainly owned GM cars.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Reactions: jpac811

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
The OEM 2004-2007 y-pipe is crushed, so I would seek 08+ on the takeoff or go aftermarket. One of the less expensive and decently performing after market is the JBA catback for around $350.

If the OEM tailpipe rusts off, it can melt a harness which may result in an expensive repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts