Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will adding long tube headers to my JBA cat back exhaust system make it louder?
I think that im going to get the stillen headers, do you guys have any suggestions on other brands of headers.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
All that have got headers installed said it was louder. You will also need to buy aftermarket high flow cats. The stock ones wont be able to handle it. Do a search on it and you will see ab bunch or header installs with great information

·
Registered
55 Posts
A buddy of mine works as a technician at a local dealership and also has a Titan with several mods. He told me the Stillen headers were nice but the customer service was terrible. I recently purchased the NISMO headers and then had then ceramic coated. I haven't had them installed yet because I'm waiting on the NISMO dual system to come in.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Papa has them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know that the top 2 fastest titans N/A are running the Stillen.Toomnymods and I.So far no nissmo guys have got in to the 13 sec yet.

When you put them on it will make your truck a little louder,and be sure to get them coated which ever ones you go with.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Let's see...I'm running Short tube headers and there was only one 2004-2006 non cammed Titan faster then mine.

Markislive

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
dbolemiss said:
I know that the top 2 fastest titans N/A are running the Stillen.Toomnymods and I.So far no nissmo guys have got in to the 13 sec yet.

When you put them on it will make your truck a little louder,and be sure to get them coated which ever ones you go with.
Oh and PapaD's running on street tires. You put 28" drag radials and his Nismo Headers would be in the 13's. He's cammed however.

·
Registered
422 Posts
well a-train this is how i look at it i have an 07 and i am going to be doing a set of headers in the near future hopefully, however although i really want the stillen headers i do live in california and i have been a speed freak when it has come to all my cars and hook the engine up or do a motor swap however i am not 18 anymore (still only 28) but am tired of having to deal with everything that makes your car or truck faster is pretty much illegal in california and i personally dont want to get in trouble for having non carb legal headers and other mods on my truck that will get me a ticket with a fat fine even though i dont have to smog my truck in like 6 years and thats if i keep it i dont want to even hassle with it anymore, so i will probably go with the nismo or jba headers cause my truck is lifted on 35" tires and i want some more power, if i wanted a fast car i would have kept my silvia or my mustang or any number of my hondas and acuras and not bought a titan although if i lived in arizona where my parents live i would have this bitc% running straight stillen long tube headers haha!!!:jester:

·
Registered
486 Posts
dawgs77 said:
Oh and PapaD's running on street tires. You put 28" drag radials and his Nismo Headers would be in the 13's. He's cammed however.
We all have been trying to talk papa d in to running some DR's but he is sticking with his snow tires,I think he would also make it into the 13's but i think Randy is going to be there first now that he is cammed.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
well a-train this is how i look at it i have an 07 and i am going to be doing a set of headers in the near future hopefully, however although i really want the stillen headers i do live in california and i have been a speed freak when it has come to all my cars and hook the engine up or do a motor swap however i am not 18 anymore (still only 28) but am tired of having to deal with everything that makes your car or truck faster is pretty much illegal in california and i personally dont want to get in trouble for having non carb legal headers and other mods on my truck that will get me a ticket with a fat fine even though i dont have to smog my truck in like 6 years and thats if i keep it i dont want to even hassle with it anymore, so i will probably go with the nismo or jba headers cause my truck is lifted on 35" tires and i want some more power, if i wanted a fast car i would have kept my silvia or my mustang or any number of my hondas and acuras and not bought a titan although if i lived in arizona where my parents live i would have this bitc% running straight stillen long tube headers haha!!!:jester:
holy run on sentence batman!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Overide said:
holy run on sentence batman!
Thats what happens in california you always have to explain yourself!
To the cops that is!:smoke:
thats why i no longer have my s13 silvia drifter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts