Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the door panel enough to replace the speaker without disconnecting the lock linkage cable?

I have a bad history with the lock linkage cable, and if I can do this without disconnecting it I would prefer to go that route.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes it's possible. I removed my blown rears a couple weeks ago. Helps if you have a helper to hold the door panel off to the side while your working on the speaker

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just did mine last night everything just pops out and easy to put back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
15,572 Posts
its pretty easy to undo everything, but as stated, if you have someone to hold it, i guess you could.

Which doors are you planning on doing?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its pretty easy to undo everything, but as stated, if you have someone to hold it, i guess you could.

Which doors are you planning on doing?
I am looking to replace all of the door speakers.

I had issues in the past where the lock linkage cable kept coming off, and then a piece broke on the outside handle. $300 later my friend fixed the issue for me.

·
Premium Member
15,572 Posts
they are pretty easy to remove on the T slide the cable outer sleeve out of the clip, then slip the end out of the socket. I didnt at any time feel i was going to break any of mine. I would be more concerned with breaking them trying to do it without removing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts