Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Nissan Titan SE , Love it.
Basically have every package for it
I was looking to spend around 4 or 5,000 for a lift n for rims n tires.
Just looking to here some peoples opinions on what they think are the best lifts for the buck.
N on the rims n tires, i was looking to do 22" rims n 35" tires all terrian of course nitto or bfg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
I got my old lift for sale includes lift, rims and tires.... check out my pics, let me know if your interested
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Are you looking to lift it for looks or do you want performance. By the size of rim you want to use I would say you want the look. I would look at pro comp stage 1. It is a 6 inch lift. I would talk to Greg at PRG to help you out. I have the procomp lift and love it. The truck rides great, Sits great and for what I do (4x4) it works great. I did do a different coil over just because I do 4x the truck. If that truck is gonna be for looks I don't know if you need the coilovers changed. Just stay away from the procomp coilovers. They look great but they are junk. Just my two cents, you wll get a lot of opions on here. You need to explain what you want out of the lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, Hmm im for look n performace, i know really i shouldnt go over 20 inches on a rim specialy for 4x4 and off roading. But my friend with the same titan just different color. looks so hard with 22" rims wraped in some all terrians of course i still need to get the leaving kit in the front, but i get whole sale for rims n lift, so im sure i was looking at the pro comp lift any way. n i love how smooth of a ride it has now. But i want it to stay that way. And as far as gas milage goes what have u guys seen go from the avg 12 mpg i think mine gets depending on how many people i have to destroy in a race lol. but what has gas looked like for u guys? (also thx for the help)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Revoke said:
Yea, Hmm im for look n performace, i know really i shouldnt go over 20 inches on a rim specialy for 4x4 and off roading. But my friend with the same titan just different color. looks so hard with 22" rims wraped in some all terrians of course i still need to get the leaving kit in the front, but i get whole sale for rims n lift, so im sure i was looking at the pro comp lift any way. n i love how smooth of a ride it has now. But i want it to stay that way. And as far as gas milage goes what have u guys seen go from the avg 12 mpg i think mine gets depending on how many people i have to destroy in a race lol. but what has gas looked like for u guys? (also thx for the help)
I get 12 but I am trully freeway driving. I live 3 miles from the freeway drive 32 miles one way get off the freeway and my work . 1/2 mile from freeway. My ride I think is better since the truck was lifted. I went with 17inch rims and bfg's and I can tell you I have 42,000 plus on my tires and I think I will get another 7-10,000 miles out of them and still not run them all the way bald.I had 4 wheel parts put my lift on but a week later took it to prg and had Greg swap out the procomp coilovers with fox. At the time I got my truck done there was no saw, or donohoe. I guess I am out of date for what these guys are running now. I can say my truck ride smooth and I have noe troubles. Knock on WOOD!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i must say from the avatar your truck looks sick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Yea, Hmm im for look n performace, i know really i shouldnt go over 20 inches on a rim specialy for 4x4 and off roading.
Then don't...do you want to wheel that thing or just sling on a bunch of bling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
loufish said:
Then don't...do you want to wheel that thing or just sling on a bunch of bling?
Is it possible to sling a bunch of bling while wheeling that thinga ringa ding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True so i should stay at 18 is that everyone opinion i mean, i want to rop it but i want to look good doing it... does that make sense? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
Revoke said:
True so i should stay at 18 is that everyone opinion i mean, i want to rop it but i want to look good doing it... does that make sense? lol
well, i should just keep my mouth shut sometimes...:jester: i forgot that Demond's set up looks good and is pretty functional however you're at a disadvantage in terms of performance offroad cause you can't air down much. i would imagine it would do well on the road, but he's got 20s with 35" tires. looks good if you ask me, but i would recommended going no bigger than 18s if you want the absolute best of both worlds! :cheers:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Here's the thing...You live in Arizona, wheeling means desert, and that means REAL suspension not some disco ball blvd cruiser.
With your budget, the PRG Performance kit w/PRG upper arms, SAW shocks and DR's for the rear...And CST spindles if you have 2wd...you will have one bad-a$$ handling truck.
Throw on a set of good looking beadlock style wheels and either BFG A/T KO's or maybe Nitto Terra Grapplers in of course Desert Style 17" and you'll be there...The first time you drop a wheel in the dirt, all that disco bling will melt away....

P.S. If you meet up with some guys sporting their disco trucks, give em' a ride in a real sport truck and watch them melt...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
loufish said:
Here's the thing...You live in Arizona, wheeling means desert, and that means REAL suspension not some disco ball blvd cruiser.
With your budget, the PRG Performance kit w/PRG upper arms, SAW shocks and DR's for the rear...And CST spindles if you have 2wd...you will have one bad-a$$ handling truck.
Throw on a set of good looking beadlock style wheels and either BFG A/T KO's or maybe Nitto Terra Grapplers in of course Desert Style 17" and you'll be there...The first time you drop a wheel in the dirt, all that disco bling will melt away....

P.S. If you meet up with some guys sporting their disco trucks, give em' a ride in a real sport truck and watch them melt...
hahahaha!!! took the REAL comments right out of my mouth!!! :jester: Disco sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my personal preference i dont like black rims have any of you seen a beedlock rim with a white trim n if so where can i get them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Here's a real nice wheel...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
I have 22" wheels on a 35" Toyo tire. I also have the PC stage II lift. I am sponsored by ProComp, so I ended up with all the cool stuff. I am using the PC coil overs (gen 2) and have had ABSOLUTLY no problems. The gen 1 coil overs were junk, but the new revamped units are great.

I am getting rough 12-13 mph with the lift and wheels/tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Revoke said:
Yea, Hmm im for look n performace, i know really i shouldnt go over 20 inches on a rim specialy for 4x4 and off roading. But my friend with the same titan just different color. looks so hard with 22" rims wraped in some all terrians of course i still need to get the leaving kit in the front, but i get whole sale for rims n lift, so im sure i was looking at the pro comp lift any way. n i love how smooth of a ride it has now. But i want it to stay that way. And as far as gas milage goes what have u guys seen go from the avg 12 mpg i think mine gets depending on how many people i have to destroy in a race lol. but what has gas looked like for u guys? (also thx for the help)
any way of getting other az tt guys a whole sale discount? and i was just gona go with 20's and all terrain's but i think im gonna go 22's and buy some 17's oem for for off road.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top