Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm considering getting the PRG 2" leveling Kit for my '05 CC Off Road... The guy at 4wheelparts, recommended that I get the new Rancho Quick Lift Shocks. I looked them up on the Rancho website, but theres not much of a write up or many details about them. They're supposed to be adjustable up to 2.5 in. of lift and you can adjust them higher or lower if you want. They're priced at $175 a piece plus installation. They use your factory coils and mounts, but basiclly give you a new strut and shock. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything abou these or if you have them, how you like them or if i should just go with the PRG Kit. The guy told me that I could fit 35's on my truck with this kit. I dont really want that big of a tire. I just want to see whos got it and what yall think.. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I wish someone will go and install these and report back to us. I have been asking about these for a while and apparently no one has tried them. Here are a couple of links to some other threads where lift-type shocks are discussed:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/60336-bilstein-adjustable-5100s.html
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/59382-rancho-quick-lift.html
PS: If you do decide to try them, you MUST post back here and let us know how things worked out. There is an e-bay store that is selling them for $149.99 plus $15.00 S&H. If you would like I can get a link to it as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I dont have an ebay acct. but I'm goin by 4wheelparts tomorrow to check em out. If I get them I'll def post back and let ya know. I'm just kinda curious about them since no one has them yet. I dont wanna spend that much money and have somethin that aint worth a dern. I'm thinkin it might be better for the truck tho?? idk... thanks for the reply tho!

·
Registered
261 Posts
just ordered a set of RS9000xl w/ the remote control from 4wheel online so I guess I'll be the :jester: again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
anyone near huntsville al with the capability to install these?

·
Registered
261 Posts
order canceled-4 wheel on line just called and they wanted $170 addition for shocks for the titan over their $499 price.....
guess I just order the blinsteins.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i went and looked at the new ranchos today and i just dont think they've caught on yet. I dont really like the idea of me being able to adjust my height with a small valve on my shocks anyway.. I think ima just go with the solid leveling kit. Thanks for the help tho!! Good luck with the bilstiens!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you used the "Search" feature?

I don't have the Quick Lift, but I have been running the RS9000X shocks. Lots of people use them. I like them.

·
Registered
940 Posts
NCFireTitan said:
I dont really like the idea of me being able to adjust my height with a small valve on my shocks anyway..
The small valve adjusts the rebound and compression valving, not the ride height. Looking at the pic it appears that they just integrated the spacer into the strut assembly on top of the spring (as opposed to bolting the spacer on top of the strut assembly a la PRG.) It doesn't say anything about adjustable ride height, just leveling the truck. I have the Triple Xs, they have a threaded collar to adjust the spring seat up or down. I initially adjusted them for 1 1/2 inches of lift (see sig pic), and thought that they seemed a little soft. I just got new tires and cranked them up another 1/2 inch (see attached pics), and it seemed to stiffen them up a little (could also be attributed to the new LT rated tires.) I have about 15k miles on them now, and overall I am pretty happy with them. My truck spends most of it's time on pavement, with some occasional light trail use. If I wanted a little more lift, I could get new UCAs and add Greg's 1 inch spacer, essentially a poor man's PRG performance package. I just wonder how long they will last.

DSCF3027.jpg DSCF3029.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts