Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm fixin to order the procomp 6'' lift for my 07 4wd titan. i'vebeen searchn around comparing prices and seems like the stage 1 with the es series shocks are 1200-1400 and the stage 2 with the coilovers are abut 2k. are the coilovers worh that much? i mean i'm not goin to be doin allot of offroading. in reality i won't be doin any. maybe through a ditch here and there but not any muddin'. so is it really worth spending the extra 600 bucks for the coilovers?

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Well, those who've bought the stage 2 kit to get the coilovers (C/O's) have been sorry that they did. Simply put, there are much Much MUCH better performing shocks available. The ProComp shocks are known to be very noisy and in general, most have not been satisfied with them. You might also consult this thread, prepared by the resident suspension expert, Greg, owner of PRG Performance Products, who is the person I'd suggest purchasing your parts from.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/62459-titan-lift-shock-overview.html

his website is somewhat outdated, www.prgproducts.com , so contacting him by phone, is probably the best option: 951.780.5331

If funds are an issue:

Front:

Sway-A-Way (SAW) Coilovers: $999
or
Radflo Coilovers without Resiorvors: $1099

Rear:

Bilstein 5125 Series Shocks: about $200

Money not an object:

SAW C/O's : $999
or
Radflo WITH resiorvors: $1249

Rear:

Radflo Shocks: $??? Anyone know this price?

Deaver 5" Leaf Spring pack: $649 (can ditch the 3" rear block that comes with the PC kit)
or
Deaver 2.5" Leaf Spring pack: $219

Keep in mind that although the SAW's are $1000, which is $400 more than what you'll be paying for the stage 2 setup, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
what he said^^^ plus once you add 35" tires to your rig, that extra weight is gonna play hell on the stock coilovers whether you cross ditches or speed bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts