Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a new member to this forum and wanted to ask a question that involves about three other topics. I have been reading for days and I think I am at a point where I just need to ask the pros for help. I have a Titan LE 4X4 Crewcab. After reading all the information about plowing I decided to have a Blizzard 720lt plow installed. Let me say the front end saggs a lot. I have the PRG leveling kit I am going to install next Sunday and after reading the thread about the tire pressure I think a few more pounds will help me in getting the ground clearance back up to an acceptable level, I run 32lbs in the Toyo's and the max presure is 65lbs. I think a modest 42lbs would be ok, but I'll keep track of the tread wear.
MY question is this, I need to stiffin the front end up. I do not mind making the ride rougher. But when I put the plow on it drops the front end 4+ inches. So can anyone recommend a setup for my front end that will either work with the leveling kit or a total replacement that will just stiffin the front end up some? I would like to reduce the sag by 2 inches in addition to the 2" leveling kit. Almost for got I have the 4x4 package so it currently has the rancho's on it.
I have researched a lot so if there is already a post about this, I am sorry for wasting anyone's time.

-Steve

·
Super Moderator
160,976 Posts
I think coil overs are going to be your only option. Here goes the phrase you've read over and over on the site probably. Call Greg at PRG. :lol: Here's the link to his site.

http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_shocks.php

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link and advice. I thgought I would get that but not as soon as you said it. I think adjustable overcoils are my only option.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
With a plow you need a heavier spring. And you should probably run the tire pressure up near maximum when the plow is up front.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
If you get different coilovers, perhaps you could have Greg throw on a spring with a heavier rate, and also send along 2 springs with the "stock" rating. It's not too hard to change springs, at least on the C/O's that I've worked on. That way you could pull the shocks off before winter, and install the heavier springs, then come spring time, put the other springs on and still have a decent ride. The added cost of the additional springs shouldn't be that much.

·
Premium Member
75,170 Posts
I haven't seen a titan with a plow yet, probably because it's not recommended. post some pics when you can, did they have to fab an A frame for you or is some one actually making a titan plow?

I found this:
http://www.snoway.com/snowplow-applications.cfm?id=179
May require major modifications to the air dam and /or fascia. (I'd say just a little)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know it doesn't recommend plowing but my friends have been plowing with their F150's for years. I am only going to plow my drive way and one flat commercial lot. I'll get pics of the plow on it soon. Being new can I post pics? As far as the mount, nope blizzard, meyer and western all make plows and mounts for it. however the mount itself is very heavy judging by the amount of sag. I'll go thru this year and if the wife doesn't yell I'll try ordering a set of C/O with heavier springs. Any particular view you guys want to see?

·
Premium Member
75,170 Posts
i had though about putting a plow on my titan when i got it because my dad traded the one we built for helicopter flying time.. i wasn't too mad :)
i then read the owner's manual to see what Nissan though about doing that...

i used to plow with ford f-350's, but never an f-150 although i've seen it done. my old boss had some chebby 1500's he used for a while too, but then bought 2500 dump bodies and the furds.. still love that old furd though.

anything you feel like taking, i'd like to see how the a-frame mounts up to the titan, what you had to do to the front bumper to make it all work. titan with plow lights.. niiiiiiice. where do you plan to mount the control unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay guys, I was on vacation. I just installed the PRG leveling kit, the first one took a little while the second one was 30mins. It did the trick as far a clearance is concerned. I attached 5 photos of the plow on the truck. I did have to fab the kick stand for the plow to raise it up enough to mate up to the truck. All in all not to bad. With the plow off I have close to 12" in the front and with it on I have 8" of clearance. I have a pic of my 6 year old standing next to it. He is 52" tall and the lower mount is close to his knee height. Also the pics are a little dark but the sun was going down. Let me know what you guys think. Buy the way can I actually post pics with only one thread to my credit? I will try it if it doesn't attack you guys can PM me and I will send you the pics.

P.S. The Leveling kit is awesome. I really prefer it level........

-Steve-o

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
good looking setup!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words. Yes the hydraulics are on the frame directly behind the blade. The blade weight is 370lbs. Wish I could have gotten an 8' blade but the 7'2" will have to work. All in all I like it, now I have to mount the Controls on the inside. They are currently sitting in my center console. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Next I am going to build a "carputer" for this beast..........I just order the touch screen........ :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts