Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was told by the Nissan dealership yesterday that if I am still under powertrain and/or full factory bumper-to-bumper warranty any extended warranty I bought through another dealership or third party will not take effect. Therefore, the extended warranty that I did purchase will really be no good until all factory warranties expire.

I bought the truck used from a local BMW dealership that offered me the warranty through First Extended Service Corporation, which I wasn't completely aware of at the time is the company I have my wife's Explorer extended warranty through. I am not impress with the company and its policies at all, as they haven't covered anything on my wife's explorer. I have an air bag light on now in the Explorer that requires a new module that is around $550 shipped here, not including installation that they won't cover. Not to mention I had to get a MAS air flow sensor installed they didn't cover either.

The warranty I bought is suppose to be 84 months and 75,000 miles from the vehicles original in service date. That would give me in theory, 5 years more bumper to bumper and about 2 years more on the powertrain, as the extended warranty I purchased states the following:

"...Extended Service Agreement, authorize any necessary mechanical repairs covered by the New Vehicle Manufacturer's Warranty for the covered vehicle..." (which I doubt)

If this is the case, my question is should I keep this extended warranty? Again, its a 8 year, 75,000 mile warranty. But, if Titans already have 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty, do I even need this thing. I have low mileage, 21K, but its an 04. But, I have had bad experiences with this First Extended Service Corp. We had a warranty through them on our brand new Explorer and when the time came they would not pay for anything. Should I cancel and go with a Nissan warranty?

The warranty is fully refundable as long as there have not been any claims, and minus a $50 service charge if cancelled after the initial 60 days. Of course I am over that so I will only have to pay $50 for the refund. Advice please?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought my truck used from a NISAAN dealership and I purchased NISSAN's extended warranty 7yr/100,000mi. bumper to bumper. I now drive in total confindence with no worries.

IMHO, I would definately get an extended warranty; I would sell your's back and get the NISSAN extended warrany though, $50 cancellation fee is a very small price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I wasn't getting many responses. I thought of the same thing, sell back the "questionable" third party policy and while I am still under warranty get an extended warranty directly through Nissan. This way I can pay upfront and it won't be rolled up in the vehicle's financing. The refund I was told today is gonna be about $1600 ($1584 or something like that...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts