Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of you that have the newer version of the Bilstein 5100 (with 5 settings), what setting levels the truck??. I have a 19 sv midnight non-xd 4x4. The settings to pick from are: stock, .7, 1.2, 1.7 or 2.2.
Only reason i ask, is i've seen confusing posts/pics...some people say around 2" is nose high and end up needing a rear block....some people say 2" is perfect.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
638 Posts
do those ride so much better then whatever is stock on the sv from the factory? I have never had bilsteins on anything. in autocross cars, I always used koni adjustables

·
Registered
59 Posts
do those ride so much better then whatever is stock on the sv from the factory? I have never had bilsteins on anything. in autocross cars, I always used koni adjustables
Bilsteins (not the 5100) come stock on my Pro4x and they are smooth as hell. That's why I am hesitant to mess with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So the 1.7 setting is actually 1.5 lift then? How did u find that out?
Someone else posted on this, but basically Bilstein's measurements are without the weight of the truck on the shock so that's where the .2 went across the board. I know it sounds weird but I can confirm the 1.2 setting gave 1. That's where I'm at and the front is exactly .5 lower than the rear; a slight rake which I don't mind, plus gives a longer downward travel so less clunk over speed bumps. (I could also just be rationalizing not having a perfectly level truck without taking the shocks out again to move the clip up one stupid notch.......)

The 1.7 will probably set you level. Take a tape measure to your front and back (full tank of gas + typical bed setup) and see what you need for the look you want.

As far as ride quality, I could instantly feel a smoother ride on the street.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone else posted on this, but basically Bilstein's measurements are without the weight of the truck on the shock so that's where the .2 went across the board. I know it sounds weird but I can confirm the 1.7 setting gave 1.5. That's where I'm at and the front is exactly .5 lower than the rear; a slight rake which I don't mind, plus gives a longer downward travel so less clunk over speed bumps.

The 2.2 will probably set you dead level, but if you carry a heavy tool box or other accessories then yeah, you'll probably be bull dogging. Take a tape measure to your front and back (full tank of gas + typical bed setup) and see what you need for the look you want.

As far as ride quality, I could instantly feel a smoother ride on the street.
Ok. Thanks for the explanation. This should help me out, as well as others with similar question.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No problem. I had to edit my post to say that I'm on the 1.2 setting, not the 1.7.. I started to confuse myself. But I'm positive about chopping .2 from their numbers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Snap, I also had to say the 1.7 should set you level. 2.2 is probably too much unless for some reason your truck already has a ton of rake. The non-Pro4X 4x4 trucks may need that much lift to level, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i think the Pro4x sit about an inch taller all the way around. The 1.7 should get me level i think. If i went 2.2, i prob would have to use a 1 inch block or some airbags for assist (which may not a bad idea since i have a Yakima overhaul rack)

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
638 Posts
and the ride is a lot better?

I am still on the fence about changing the shocks. are the fronts struts so you have to take off the spring assembly to change the strut?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes disassemble front coil assembly. It comes easily out of the truck, you just need a spring compressor. And the ride is improved.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
638 Posts
i will probably wait till next year than. bilsteins cost a bit of money so i will have to save a little a time for that.

i have two sets of spring compressors so i am good on that end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will probably wait till next year than. bilsteins cost a bit of money so i will have to save a little a time for that.

i have two sets of spring compressors so i am good on that end.
Look on facebook marketplace or this forum. I scored mine for $150 brand new in the box. The guy i got them from had ordered the wrong thing and waited too long to try and send back and it was gonna cost too much to ship back to vendor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts