Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this ealier in the week and didn't get much help so I will ask you guys specifically.
Through your experiences, what is the best double din video unit out today? I'm looking for a larger touch screen with iPod video capabilities, XM radio, and either built in Nav or the ability to add it on. I would also be interested in customizable wallpapers and a good EQ and sound control.
If you could give ball park price figures I'd appreciate it.
My local shop, Ultimate Audio, recommended the Clarion and said that without Nav it would be $1750 and with Nav it would be $2750.
And Tech... I'll be in GA (Milledgeville) all of next weekend so there might be a possibility of me coming and getting this done if my budget and your schedule allow it.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Except for the customizible backgrounds I say the Kenwood 7100 is your best bet. I have the 8017 and the KNA-G510 nav and love it. The other option would be the Pio Z2 but that is much more expensive for not much more. If your going that high I would get the 8019 which adds even more features.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the Kenwood DNX 7100 and I like it a lot but if you want a lot of audio control I would get the 8019 and ad the Nav to it. Again I like the 7100 a lot but if I'm not mistaken the 8019 has more audio controls. Tech should be able to get you whatever you want and if you manage to go by his house to get it installed I promise you will be satisfied. Well I was satisfied with the installation he did for me.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Kenwood 7100 is the best priced and most user friendly piece on the market. The dvd also loads faster than most i have seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I was thinking. What can I expect to pay for the 7100 with iPod video controls and XM radio? I'm seeing some on eBay for around $1,100. My local shop quoted me at $2750 for the 7100, iPod and XM installed. Same price for the Clarion, iPod and XM installed. Can you give me some ammunition to go to these guys with?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
WhiteBoy said:
This is what I was thinking. What can I expect to pay for the 7100 with iPod video controls and XM radio? I'm seeing some on eBay for around $1,100. My local shop quoted me at $2750 for the 7100, iPod and XM installed. Same price for the Clarion, iPod and XM installed. Can you give me some ammunition to go to these guys with?
are you kidding 2750 . that unit cost them around a grand. The ipod is a cable that cost 40 bucks xm is 140 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts