Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need the headers. Actually could use em right now. My main question is tho if I got headers myself and a custom setup made by local exhaust shop how much would just getting the uprev tune run? Doing some ideas back and forth with em about how could just get headers, they do a x pipe to a y possible to keep the back pressure and use a resonator for a muffler and then back out to my duals out the back. And use 2.5 pipe throughout. Very possible be cheaper than the 1500. I'm just bouncing ideas around right now and trying to figure out cheapest but best route cuz money don't grow on trees as everyone knows. Thanks for any input and ideas.

·
Premium Member
20,944 Posts
I have the x-pipe on my Titan. Don't bother. Uprev and the tune will be $600.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
456 Posts
Do headers ,catless resonated bpipes and uprev. You can finish the rest of your exhaust later.

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm thinking of doing the headers to maybe an x pipe for more back pressure then have that come to a single and put a black widow muffler then y back out to my duals out the back. Have no cats. We don't have emissions here in Mississippi but you do have to have some form of muffler.

So 600 for tuning. Not bad. Whichever I end up doing there is no doubt about who I want to tune it.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I personally would ditch the X pipe and Black Widow unless you like CIS. I would stick to a single 3" exit as well as only one Ultraquiet will be needed instead of two with duals. Borla is the proven muffler on these trucks for a clean deep sound. The Ypipe style exhaust is top dog on the Titan and I recommend you read the "Proven exhaust thread" and choose the exhaust wisely with header installs as you can spend a fortune trying to get it to sound good. The JBA catback is going to be hard to beat price wise and sound $455 shipped from Cajun and its all stainless and mandrel bent. You will not find a exhaust shop to build one for that price. jmho

·
Premium Member
20,944 Posts
I must have misunderstood something you said (exhaust discussions kind of make me stupid). I didn't realize you sold the packaged JBA catback system. How does that differ from the Cajun catback?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It's either you do true dual OR a Y-pipe single setup. It's been proven with the Titan that an X-pipe doesn't yield any gains.

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. Only reason why was even thinking maybe x pipe was to keep back pressure up so engine wouldn't scavenge. But probably end up headers, catless b pipes to single to black widow then y back out to my tips. I just love duals. Also like the throaty rasp of the black widows. Very aggressive sounding.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Yea. Only reason why was even thinking maybe x pipe was to keep back pressure up so engine wouldn't scavenge. But probably end up headers, catless b pipes to single to black widow then y back out to my tips. I just love duals. Also like the throaty rasp of the black widows. Very aggressive sounding.
They are raspy for sure. Wouldnt waste the money on a "X".

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I must have misunderstood something you said (exhaust discussions kind of make me stupid). I didn't realize you sold the packaged JBA catback system. How does that differ from the Cajun catback?
Yes Cajun sells everything JBA and the Cajun catback is my own version which has the 2.5" ypipe instead of the 2.25" like the JBA. Both systems have the 3" single exit mid and tailpipe. The 2.5" ypipe made 8-14 hp/tq over the 2.25"

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I would recommend the 2.5'' ypipe for trucks with stock manifolds and bpipes as well. Stock rear cat outlet on my 2008 is 2 5/8'' ID, bolted to an exhaust barely measuring 2'' ID.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I new I should have saved for the cajun catback!
This was dyno proven on 5 Titans and 5 different dynos across the country. All the trucks had Uprev/Headers/CAI. There is a thread on it somewhere on the forum.:smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts