Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for those who have used the uprev tuning software on their trucks. I have an 07 Titan LE crewcab with 1600 miles on it and freshly modded with nismo cold air intake and magnaflow 2 in 2 out duals. I love almost everything about this truck and over 40 mph she runs like a beast. However, under 40 the torque management system and it's effect sucks. When you punch it from a dead stop for the 1rst second you can feel that she really wants to go then it's like you let off the gas. After about 20 feet she gradually starts to pull harder and harder till about 30-40mph when you finally get full grunt. So my first and main question is will the uprev/osiris software do away with the torque management function and allow the throttle body to go full open at any speed? I don't want to increase timing on my truck since I want to be able to run regular with no worries about detonation. I would like to remove the speed limiter if there is one, improve shift points and line pressure, and gain any performance I can without increasing the timing. But mainly I want to get rid of the torque management crap......one nice thing about the 5.7L Tundra that I wish we had is the ability to turn off all computer intereference with the push of a button. So, first off will osiris disable or circumvent the torque management systems interference??? Then my next question is how user friendly is the software? I've used superchips programers in the past and they were very easy to use....no special knowledge needed....just follow the prompts and answer the questions....anyone could do it. Is the uprev software user friendly and easy to use? Thanks for the help. I've been to uprev's website but there's not much in depth information there. So , any advice or insight from those who have used their software would be appreciated......Thanks, Brian:thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Uprev will give you several maps to run. A full tuned map will remove the DBW restrictions, increase timing and A/F ratio's. A towing map will include the DBW improvements and A/F adjustment for your mods but without the timing adjustments.

WOT from 0MPH is AWESOME! You will not regret going with the Osiris program.

·
Registered
293 Posts
sc186 said:
Uprev will give you several maps to run. A full tuned map will remove the DBW restrictions, increase timing and A/F ratio's. A towing map will include the DBW improvements and A/F adjustment for your mods but without the timing adjustments.

WOT from 0MPH is AWESOME! You will not regret going with the Osiris program.
Hey sc186 so the uprev, They have mapping specific for towing?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Parks5855,

1) Yes, the Up Rev tune will eliminate the tq. management for WOT from start an not after 40 mph.

2) With Up Rev you can have Multiple MAPs, for example I have a Tune for 93 MAP a stock MAP and a Valet MAP.
The stock MAP allow me to run 87 if need be.
You can have a stock MAP with just the tq. management removed.

3) The Osiris is very user friendly, actually right now all you do is flash your ECU with a tune MAP the send you. The package come with Cipher data logging software, you log you runs and send it to them. They will then fine tune your MAP and email it to you. You than can re-flash with the fine tune MAP. At anytime you add performance parts, just log your runs and send it to them for fine tuning. At this point Osiris does not allow for end user adjustment.

hondarider227,

Call them, they have MAP or can customized a MAP for most purpose.

·
Registered
160 Posts
sc186 said:
With Osiris they gave me a stock map, full tune, towing, valet and security maps.
these maps they sent u. do u pick one on your home pc then put it on a flash stick? then plug and play? or is it done from the cab of the vehicle?

·
Registered
561 Posts
TripleC said:
these maps they sent u. do u pick one on your home pc then put it on a flash stick? then plug and play? or is it done from the cab of the vehicle?
The maps are all in one .rom file. You flash the truck from your laptop with that rom and choose the map you want to run in by holding down the "Set" button on your cruise control then pressing the "Cancel" button once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc then let go of the Set button. And yes, you cruise control will still function normally. You can only flash the ECU from a computer, no memory sticks...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, thanks for the great info. Does their software do anything to improve transmission function? Using superchips programers you can increase line pressure to firm up the shifts and even change the WOT shift points for each gear....does the uprev tune do anything like this? Also does the uprev save your stock tune so can reinstall it in case you need to take your truck into the dealership. Dealerships can get real sticky about warranties if they find out you been messin around with the ECU. Superchips pulls out your stock tune and saves it. That way you can remove the performance tune and reinstall the stock one in case you need to take your vehicle in for service.....if the dealer looks at or reflashes your ECU all is ok, it appears to be an unmolested stock unit. So, does the uprev save your stock tune and allow for the removal and reinstall? Thanks for the info, Brian

·
Registered
561 Posts
Uprev does not address the TCU and shift points - yet. They do provide you with a separate stock rom file to flash your truck back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
781 Posts
is there any discount tunes or are thay they only ones that can do them if some else has the software that can do them is that avail?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
is there any discount tunes or are thay they only ones that can do them if some else has the software that can do them is that avail?
If you want to save a little money send them your ECU, but it's not much of a saving so get Osiris cause you get Cipher with it. The program is "married" to your truck so you can't flash another truck if you get this.

If you want anything cheaper Ebay has some module for $20.:D

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
YEAH BABY! I'm going to take the NISMO stickers off my truck, put on all the cool Ebay magic power mods and have an EBAYSMO Titan. It's too bad power isn't cheap.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i have a question guys i here all this talk about the wot and being able to feel a difference from a dead take to 40. i got an 05 crew cab 4x4 big tow. and dont know if i have this restriction cause mine pulls really hard from the line. i even done the 28 timming and it hard to keep the wheel spin to a minumnium, it does catch posi. so i guess my question is how do i know if i have this manement stuff on mine to keep it from a wot?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
dksfowler said:
i have a question guys i here all this talk about the wot and being able to feel a difference from a dead take to 40. i got an 05 crew cab 4x4 big tow. and dont know if i have this restriction cause mine pulls really hard from the line. i even done the 28 timming and it hard to keep the wheel spin to a minumnium, it does catch posi. so i guess my question is how do i know if i have this manement stuff on mine to keep it from a wot?
All Titan have it from the factory, that's how our ECU is tune. I though my Titan pull hard off the line too till I got Up Rev, it pull even harder now.:)

·
Registered
602 Posts
if mine pulls any harder from the line ill never get traction lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
if im cathing posi everytime now will trutrac or electronic lockers help me. i dont see how it will if im catching posi now. the tires i have are stock 18 size with bridgestone dueler revos

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
dksfowler said:
if mine pulls any harder from the line ill never get traction lol
You have no Idea how much WOT helps 60' and thereby 1/4 mile times. I went from a 15.88 to a 15.08 in the 1/4 mile and she pulls a lot harder off the line and through the gear shifts. Sorry to say but no other tune can match this performance without WOT from 0. I have to feather the throttle to about 2500 RPM and then I can nail it with my snow tires on there and I would also highly recommend the TruTrac. I never get tired of posting this pic, lol.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts